These Are My Confessions...

Minneapolis, Minnesota 1987

Prince walked into the kitchen, the smell of breakfast foods filling the house. He slowed his steps at the sound of Jasmyn's giggling.

He creased his brows, taking a seat at the island. "Whats got you so happy this morning?"

"I don't know but.." she snickered."isn't it just a muggy morning?"

He closed his eyes, dropping his head. "Jasmyn I swear to God, if I go outside and all our mugs are on the lawn again. I'm leaving you."

She turned around, smile prominent on her face as she sipped her coffee out a small bowl.

"Jasmyn you bring those cups back in the house right now!"

Her voice reverted back to a childs. "No."

"Jasmyn!"

"Noooo!" she crossed her arm in a huff. "If I do then it won't be a muggy morning."

He started to get up, smile spreading across his face watching as she prepared to take off.

His voice rattled with laughter. "Go get the damn cups."

She shook her head furiously. "No."

"I'm not gonna ask you again."

She shrieked taking off, Prince running behind her. Their laughter reverberating off the walls as he chased her around and around and around the the house.

He sniffed, trying to hold back the tears that so desperately wanted to come out. It was those small moments they shared that were tattooed in his mind. Those moments that randomly popped into his head during rehearsal or at shows causing a smile to appear on his face. He thought of her in everything he did.

Prince ran off the elevator, finally reaching the 8th floor. After a flight that felt like an eternity, fighting the traffic, dodging the paparazzi and arguing with the receptionist. He was the perfect mix of anxiety, anger, and desperation. 

He looked around the empty hallway and not a person was in sight, no nurses, no doctors, no Hannah. Nobody. He would've atleast thought he would see her mom but Jas sent her on vacation. He didn't want his first meeting with her mother to be under these circumstances anyway.

 A door to one of the rooms slowly creaked open, a female doctor came out and shot him a knowing smile that put his heart as ease just a bit. "She's in here."

He waited until she rounded the corner before he slowly made his way to the door, just as he was about to turn the knob he heard a faint voice, Jasmyn was singing.

"It hurt me so bad when she told me with tears in her eyes. He was all she ever had and now she wanted to die." 

He couldn't help but laugh a little at her impression of him.

"He left her with a baby and another one on the way, yeah. She couldn't stop cryin' cause she knew he was gone to stay. She asked me if we could be friends and I said, oh, honey baby that's a dead end, you know and I know that we wouldn't be satisfied...'least I wouldn't."

He opened the door to see Jas sitting up in the bed, playing the air drums (quite aggressively) and singing to herself with her eyes closed. He leaned his shoulder against the door frame and watched her until she finished the song, which included her mouthing his entire guitar solo and the breakdown. It was cute to see that she paid that much attention to him, she had his ad-libs and facial expression down pact.