Flaws and All

"You sure she's any good?"

I pulled another carrot out the strainer and started to chop it up. "I promise you, she's like really good. I used to watch her all the time on Star Search she should've won if you ask me."

He stared off into my bowl of veggies unsure.

"I'm not saying hire her on spot." I tossed the slices into the bowl by the handful. "I'm saying, you would like her."

I carried the bowl of vegetables over to the pot and tossed it in. He watched me the entire way, his head cocked to the side.

I rolled my eyes. I knew exactly what he was looking at. I gave myself a little slap on my ass. "Nice isn't it?" I tossed the bowl into the sink and started to fold the veggies in my pasta e fagnoli.

He came up behind me wrapping his arms around me. "It's very nice and.." He planted a kiss on my cheek. "I'm trusting you."

"As you should, Mr. Nelson."

"Please that's my fathers name."

"Hm." I tossed a few dashes of hotsauce into the pot. "And I've been calling you daddy all this time."

He gasped dramatically. "Aren't we a naughty girl tonight."

I scoffed. "Yeah I'm the naughty one, I don't even sleep anymore because of you and your military grade stamina."

"Blame the male libido, it's a curse sometimes. Besides you want it as much as I do."

"Why I never." I squealed as he blew a raspberry on my cheek. He's such a sweetie sometimes.

"Aye." I held my pinky up over my shoulder. "I got you....remember that."

He locked pinkies with mine. "I got you too!'"

The doorbell rung, followed by a knocking on the door.

"Fargnoli." we said in sync. He was the only person who rang the doorbell and knocked on the door. It's either one of the other, not both. I can't stand people like that.

He slid the DAT out his pocket and made his way to the door. I heard Fargnoli's loud and very Italian voice enter the house.

"There she is, looking like a million bucks."

"Hi Steve!" I grabbed a towel wiping my hands off and gave him a hug. "How are you?"

"Fine, this guy." he pointed to Prince with his thumb. "has me working all the time."

"That's what I pay you for.." Prince sassed. He threw his arm over his shoulder and pulled him upstairs to hear his new song. Housequake. I liked it! It was funky, great groove. Although I do think it would sound better live.

I went back to stirring my chili before the door bell rung again. "That must be my guest." I turned to burner on low and went to get the door.

I greeted Cat with open arms. "It's so nice to finally meet you girl!" I hugged her which caught her off guard before she finally gave in. "You look great!" I pulled both her hands back to look at her. "Great color scheme." All purple: suspenders, high-waisted pants just everything.