Forever In My Life

"The show went so well!" Hannah squealed behind me as I slid my key in my door. Her room was across from mine. I bought out the entire floor for my crew. We like to do hoodrat shit at night so we need the entire floor.

"I know!" The only reason I get a little worked up before a show is because i'm worried if i'll hit my notes. Not just any note. My whistle tones. Singing Emotions and Can't Let Go, 3 times a day on 5 different shows can really get to you. Prince usually make me drink tea with lots and lots of honey in it like he does. Sometimes we'll sleep with humidifiers in the room or if we can get them. We'll sing in the studio with them. We care for our voices deeply and right now it was time for me to rest my voice, write in my journal, and listen to this tape Prince sent me.

"I'm so proud of you Jasmyn....look at you." Her voice started to crack. I really hope she doesn't cry because i'll cry. "You've developed and changed a lot over the years. You've developed in your creative stature and your creative confidence. Your just....growing up so fast. I remember when you were 13 doing your first music video."

A few tears threatened to spill from my eye. "Pink Champagne..."

"You were crying after the last shot, you didn't even wanna leave the set."

I smiled at that memory. She was right, I didn't wanna leave. I still remember all the little outfits and set ups I had. My bedazzled pink bat that had my name on it. My donut buns headband, which I still occasionally wear around the house. I actually have an entire room in my house that has all my old clothes from when I was 13. All my music video outfits, every single photo shoot outfits, tour clothes. Every single accessory, prop, you name it. I still have it! I just love having those memories with me. I remember when I was little my mom used to take pictures of us all the time. She keep suitcases full of pictures of us and the family, tour staff, concerts. Everything.

Prince was right, sometimes a memory isn't enough. You need a souvenir. That's probably why he records everything. He's constantly taking pictures.

"Well i'm off.." I exhaled. "Good night girl."

"Night jazzy." She waved and walked into her room.

I closed the door behind me and looked around my suite. Serenity. No reporters, no paparazzi. Just me and my thoughts. I walked over to my suitcase and pulled out the little box Prince sent me. He had it delivered to my set today along a bouquet of lavender roses and a cute little note, that was on my mind all day. I even hit a Bb7 tonight because of it. The highest note i've ever hit in my career.

somewhere between all our laughs, long talks, stupid fights, and all our lame jokes. eye fell in love ~ Prince

I pressed the note to my chest. He's such a sweetheart. My sweet baby boy. I grabbed a bottle of apple juice out the mini fridge and took a sip before setting it on the nightstand. I pulled my dress over my head, and made my way to the bathroom to run myself a nice hot bubble bath.

While the scent of the rose oil filled the bathroom, I took in the the beautiful Spanish moonlight. I would love to live here, or maybe just have a house. I would love to get married here one day or maybe honeymoon here. Marabella is such a beautiful city with a beautiful culture.

I stopped the water and stepped out my panties and bra. Then I ran to pop the tape in. A slow distorted beat started.

La da da da da da da da

I grabbed my juice, my notebook and ran back into the bathroom, nearly killing myself on the rug in the process, and slipped into the hot bath.