Private Time

Backstage Purple Rain Tour: 1985

Let's find a light inside our universe now

Where ain't nobody keep on holding us down

Just come and get it, let them say what they say

Cause I'm about to put them all away

"Focus on me Fa fa Focus on me." I bursted into laughter as Prince's makeup artist started into my choregraphy. "Focus on meee" I sang "1 2 3 come on girls ba da da da daaa ba da da da da da da da dum go girl!"

I hopped up and did the choreography along with her. "Come on now!" I sang and whipped my hair around. I was surprised that I knew the choreography to this song still even though I was 16 when this album dropped. This was one of my favorite song from my teen catalog. It was supposed to be a ballad but Sony wanted me to speed it and make it a dance track. Basically they sucked the soul out my music. I ended up liking it at the end of the process, mostly because I added a horn section, some people straight from New Orleans. So atleast I gave back to my community a little bit. It's just like with Someday, it's from the album i'm working on right now. It was a ballad but they're making me change it to make it more "radio friendly". I hate record companies sometimes. They have nothing to do with the creation of the art but they sure want to give their two cents on it.

"Whip. Whip. Shake shake shake. Turn. Kick." I was out of breath and I dropped to the ground. She kept dancing, I was laughing so hard at her. She told me she was a huge fan and she knew all my choreography because she went to all of my tours. I looked to the side and saw Prince come into his quick change booth. He paused and stared at us for a minute before he shook his head and started to change

"Look at his dick ladies, probably the biggest dick i've ever seen." She threw a chip in her mouth and pointed with her eyes. I snatched the bag from her, one because it was my damn bag and started eating.

"That's why I let you watch me change." Prince winked and patted her on the shoulder.

"Ooo girl, get you some." I laughed and sat in the seat next to his vanity. He walked over and kissed me on the temple, then started touching up his makeup.

"Looks like you got it already."

"She does." he told her and reached over and pinched my cheek.

"Ok cuties." She smiled and opened her magazine. I tilted my head to the side at her. Prince was an expert at makeup, I don't even know why he hired this chick. Maybe he for when he was tired and he wanted to save his fingers for the show or his next female victim. I don't know but she's pretty cool.

He paused and listened out for the music to change once he heard everything was right he dropped his eyeliner and kissed me on the temple again.

"I'm a star baby."

"Try not to rip your pants again." I yelled after him as he ran out.

"That was one time let it go!!"

I ran past the curtain and peeked my head out. "Like those inseams let go!!"

He flicked me off and ran back onto the stage.

After the show, everyone went out to party. I told Prince I was tired and I was just gonna sit in his hotel room and chill. I wasn't really tired or anything I just didn't wanna go. He said he didn't want me to be by myself so he stayed with me. It's around 2:30 and we were cuddled in bed together, in the dark per Prince's request. I'm a little scared of the dark to be perfectly honest with you. But the fact that Prince was here I was more comfortable.

"I want kids so badly." He cleared his throat nervously. "Not now jackass." I hit his chest. He winced and dug his fingers into my back.

"Ow jackass!"

"You should really try to call me something else."

"Like what?"

"My damn name." I shrugged contemplating it.

"Nah beside you act like a jackass. I think it fits you better. Maybe I should call you jack for short"

He kissed me on the top of my head. "Well aren't you motherly material."

"Shutup I am mommy material. I've always wanted kids. I just feel like that's the ultimate in life as a women. Well not for every woman at least for me." I smiled making little circles on his chest.

"Really?"

"Yeah I want to be able to make music, have my husband, and three little babies running around the studio. That's a dream of mine."

"What kind?"

I titled my head up to look at him. "Girls."

"Why three?"

"Well my mom had three, all my aunties had three and my grandma had 3 so I feel it's only right that I continue the tradition." I laughed. "My mom had 2 girls and a boy. Her sister had 2 boys and a girl. My grandma had 2 girls and boy. So who knows with me. I do want a little boy too, maybe he'll take some of the edge off."

"So four?"

"Yeah maybe four but three is the goal" I sighed. "I can't wait for motherhood, to give life to someone. That's just ge ultimate for me. No Grammy, no nomination, no number one single or album could possible compare to that."

"Your only 19, your too young to think about that."

"Your never too young to plan your future."

"Who do you plan on having these children with?" He asked, his body tensed up and honestly I didn't know what to say. I looked back down and contemplated my words carefully. Michael just seems like father material to me, hell he was marriage material. But is he what I want? I was quiet for a while. To be honest I didn't wanna answer it. It seemed like a loaded question.

"Whoever I marry I guess." I told him. I felt like that was the safest answer "Do you want kids?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I don't think i'm the settle down and get married type. My father....he told me to never get married. My parents never really worked out. There weren't a lot of good examples of love around me growing up. Hell I couldn't keep a girlfriend more than two weeks."

"I feel you there. My parents weren't the best example but that's no reason to give up on love. It's a beautiful thing ." I snuggled closer to him and he tightened his grip around me. "Especially with the right person."

He shrugged. "To each it's own I guess."

I started tracing hearts on his chest. "My family isn't good with relationships either well..." I paused to yawn. "My mom's stepdad and my grandma are cute! He's has a lot of mental health issues and every few years he gets off his medicine and goes crazy. She has yet to leave his side."

He laughed. "She sounds more like his nurse than his wife."

"Shutup!!" I grabbed his balls and squeezed them. His balls are huge by the way, dick is fat too. He let out a whimper and tried to move away but he quickly realized that the more he moved the worse it hurts. He took deep breathes trying to ease the pain.

"He tells her he loves her everyday and they're adorable" He nodded his head furiously agreeing with me but I wasn't done yet.

"Say it!! Say they're adorable!!"

"I'm a grown ass man I will not say that!!"

I tightened my grip and he grabbed my wrist, sucking in air through his teeth.

"Fine!! They're adorable!" I let go and he shot his hands and cupped them himself.

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!"

"I'm sorry, you want me to kiss it and make it better?" He raised his eyebrow and a smirk came across his face. I kissed my hand and tapped his hands which were still cupping him.

"Night babe" I cuddled back into him and listened to him as he whimpered all night.