Marriage vs Leasing

These Are Some New Tapes, Please Don't Throw Up On 'Em ~ Prince

I rolled my eyes at his little note, which he graciously sprayed with a hint lavender and popped a tape titled Strange Relationship.

Knowing Prince, this one is about us. I listened carefully, I smiled when I caught some Eastern Indian influence. The sound is very unlike Prince, but it's very like Prince to try something new.

"Is that a sitar?" I mumbled to myself, as I paced the floor of my bedroom. "That's a wooden flute. My God this man....he's a fuckin' genius." I squinted, analyzing the beat further. "How did he get that synth sound? That's so peculiar..." 

I guess you know me well, I don't like winter, but I seem to get a kick out of doin' you cold

Oh, what the hell, you always surrender

What's this strange relationship that we hold on to?

"I DON'T KNOW NIGGA!!!" I threw my hands in the air.

Baby I just can't stand to see you happy

I dropped to my knees by the boom box, "I know!!!"

More than that I hate to see you sad

Honey if you left me I just might do something rash

What's this strange relationship?

"Ship, ship, ship." I sang along, nodding my head to the beat. It was funky but it was so different for Prince. I like it! I liked it a hell of a lot. It faded out, which meant it wasn't finished just yet. But I was excited if this is what it was going to sound like.

I took the tape out and sifted through the rest of the tapes. There were a lot I were excited to hear.

"Starfish and Coffee?" I picked up the tape, furrowing my brows. "Oor...Sexual Suicide that sounds funky....Maybe....Dream Factory?......or A Place in Heaven..." I tend to talk out loud a lot when I'm alone. It makes me feel less lonely. Plus who's around to call me crazy? Nobody.

As I'm looking at these tapes, and I can't help but notice how neat his hand writing is. It's better than mine. Perfect bastard.

I glanced over to the side at Prince's telecaster leaning against the wall. He let me borrow it but he never took it back. I had never realized it but I have yet to take the guitar pick from around my neck. It's been there so long I don't even think about it. I ran my thumb over the words Love God.

Speaking of guitars, after reading about Jerry Auerswald, a guitar-maker in Germany who used wood more than 100 years old, I had one made for Prince for his birthday, in peach. He seemed to like the cloud guitar look although, i'm sure the Telecaster is his favorite. Plus I thought it would be a cool color for him. He had the skin tone to suit peach. It was a more "feminine orange", in the words of Prince.

Anyway, I had it delivered to his house in a transparent case, so it looked like Snow White in a way. I had it delivered so that when he got back home it would be a major surprise. Again that was before the bullshit happened, and I don't know if his new wife would like him using a guitar that I bought him. I don't even know if he's been home yet to see it in the first place. I wanted to take it back at first but he would be so thrilled with the quality of the sound since it's a hand-crafted guitar and I couldn't do it. I'm heartless but not that heartless. Plus I got the guitar with him in mind in the first place, there was no need to take it back. It's for him.