Circumstmaces

After three rounds in the bubble bath we decided to take a break. Michael was sitting in between my legs, running his finger tips gently up and down thigh. I had my arms wrapped around him. My head nuzzled into his neck with my eyes closed.

There was a silence between us, but not an awkward one. One of the more enjoyable ones, like all we needed was each others presence. I loved it when we had moments like this.

"You gonna miss me?" Michael asked mindlessly.

"Of course I am." I kissed his shoulder and nuzzled closer into him. He let out a light chuckle and grabbed my hand, placing a light kiss on it and caressing it with his thumb.

"Are you gonna miss me?" I asked. He turned his head and looked at me like I was crazy. As if he was saying why would you even ask. The biggest smile crept across my face.

"Do I have to go into my I love you speech again?" I rolled my eyes playfully. Everytime I ask him why he loves me or if he loves me. He gives me a long speech. I pretended to hate it but the only reason to ask is to hear that speech.

"I know I know. Your everything this world could be to me."

"The reason that I live." He said with a serious tone. He turned his head to face me. His eyes showing how sincere he was. I can honestly say I got lost in them. He intertwined his fingers with mine and gave me a gently squeeze. His fingers grazing against my promise ring. He said all he needed to say with that one squeeze. That he was going to be there for me, no matter what. That he was going to love me, support me hold me and care for me.

I leaned in and planted a slow kiss on his lips. "I love you Michael."

"I love you too baby girl." He sighed and looked around at the floor. It was soaked in water from all the splashing we did in the tub. "Look at the mess you made."

"Me!?"

"Yes you, you were the one bouncing, splashing all the water out the tub."

"Oh so I guess I was just bouncing on air huh? You were the one grabbing me making me bounce that much."

He gasped and placed his hands on his chest. "Why me? I don't engage in those activities."

"Shut up Michael." I leaned him foreword and got out the tub. My knees buckled and I nearly slipped on the water, causing Michael to laugh hysterically at me.

"That's what daddy likes to see. I got you good this time." I rolled my eyes playfully at him and wrapped up in a towel. He hopped out right behind me and he stumbled a little bit.

"That's what mama likes to see. I got you good this time." I mocked him.

"So mean" He said wrapping a towel around his waist, my good towels. I hated when people used those towels. They are purely for decoration but I have him a pass since he put it down so well. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked into the room. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and got into bed. I watched as Michael put his pajama pants and a t-shirt.

"Babe hurry up! I'm cold." I whined and held my arms up. He laughed as he folded up his clothes and put them in the basket. I don't know why he folded them up before he put them in there. He was a neat freak in that way. I whined even louder and he came over to the bed and scooped me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and clung on to him.

"Your such a baby." He laughed as he slid into bed and I was still on top of him. He kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

"But i'm your baby." I smiled playing with his t-shirt sleeve. He did our usual night routine, he slid my shirt up in the back and ran his fingers along my spine until I fell asleep.
___________________________
I woke up the next day still wrapped up tight in Michael's arms. I kept my eyes closed not wanting the moment to end. Listening to Michael's slow deep breathes almost made me fall back asleep.