Moonlight

December 30, 1981
Madison Square Garden

"THANK YOU EVERYBODY GOOD NIGHT!!" I screamed into the mic. I blew some kisses to my babes and ran offstage. I handed my mic to one of the tech guys, walked and slid into the robe that my assistant had open for me outside my dressing room. I pulled the curtain back and walked in.

"Finally some quiet" I sighed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, relishing in the peace. Don't get me wrong I love what I do, it just doesn't hurt to have a little serenity every now and then.

I sat down in the mirror and started taking my makeup off.

"Great show girl." Gigi came in with a vase of roses and making a fuck ton of noise in the process.

"Why don't you just break some shit." I slammed my hands on my thighs and looked at her.

"Testy aren't we. Yeah you definitely need these then." She set the flowers down on my vanity. They immediately caught my eye. I gasped a little. A little taken back by these flowers.

"Yeah down kitty." She pinched my cheek and grabbed her makeup brushes from in front of me. I sniffed the flowers and they actually smelled good. Most people say flowers smell "sweet" but in actuality they smell like a plant. Bunch of liars. But these actually smelled good.

"The vocals were killer tonight. I think I should keep using that organic makeup setting spray because you had not one crease all night."

"Lavender roses" I said breathlessly.

Lavender is my favorite color, how have I never seen it in flower form.

"I know." She said over she shoulder. "I knew you'd go nuts when you saw them seeing as you have some weird obsession with the color lavender." and then she cringed. I shook my head and turned my attention back to the flowers.

"Who's are these?"

"Your's, some guy brought them by."

"Who?" I asked and whipped my hair up into a ponytail.

"I don't know Veronica told me to give them to you. I'm just telling you what she told me." I frowned, poking my bottom lip out. Gigi shifted her weight with a huff.

"Oh my god you hopeless romantic, check the card" She rolled her eyes and  turned around and started packing up her bags. I glared at her for a minute before I grabbed the card to read it.

To: Moonlight
From: Hazel eyes

"Hazel eye?" I mouthed to myself. "Who the hell is that?" I grabbed my soy latte and took a sip while I was thinking.

"Who gave them to you?" Gigi came by and snatched the card out my hand. "Hazel eyes? Who the hell is that?"

"I don't know I'm trying to figure it out too." I toed off my heels and placed them in my show clothes suitcase.

"Who do I know that has hazel eyes."

"I don't know. How the hell am I supposed to know who you know?"

"Oh don't be such a bitch."

"I'm not being a bitch-" We were stopped by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"Am I interrupting something ladies." Victor, my security guard said coming into the room. He was so cute. Tall, Brazilian, dark hair, dark eyes. 28 years old. Engaged. Too bad I'm 16.

"No." I snatched the card from her and placed it back with the flowers. She rolled her eyes at me and went back over

"Are you ready to go little miss? Your car is waiting."

"I am." I grabbed my bag and my flowers and left out with him.

We walked backstage and saw a guy standing by my car, with a couple of guys. The first thing I noticed were his hazel eyes. I hesitated a little bit and Victor, walked ahead of me a little.

"Hi!" he waved.

"Hi...." Victor gave me a look and pointed to him. I waved him off, handing him the flower vase, and he got in the car, making sure to watch me from the window. He's so protective.

"Great show tonight.."

"Thank you." I looked down.

"I see you got the roses." he pointed to the window that Victor was staring out, clutching the flowers both his hands, like he was being paid to guard those too.

"I did uhm their beautiful. Lavender is my favorite color."

"I know." he said and my eyes got wide. I looked around for a bit before turning back to him.

"I'm sorry are your stalking me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I just follow beauty wherever I go."

"Wow..."

"What?" he cocked his head to the side.

"Nothing that was just a nice one." I chuckled. "Best pick up line I've heard in all my years. Do you tell all the ladies that?"

"Nah." He smiled and put his hands in his pockets. "Just the prettiest ones."

".......really your smooth." I rolled my eyes playfully and crossed my arms.

"I can do better than that actually."

"Oh really?" I smirked.

"Definitely, ready?." I nodded and shifted my weight to my other leg. He licked his lips and looked me up and down. That alone made my heart flutter.

"I think your my future wife." He said. There was a hint of sincerity to his voice when he said it. It went silent between us so it lingered. The flutter my heart felt quickly became a minor stroke so I put my hand over my heart to control it. He leaned in near my ear.

"I think I got you." He pulled back and smirked at me. I opened my mouth but no words were coming out at first.

"Good one." I choked out. I coughed a bit to clear my throat.

"Really huh? It's alright I guess." He tilted his head upward, still looking at me under his eyes. The way he looked at you made you feel like your the only girl in the world. I shifted my weight nervously.

"Well I gotta go I uhm- I have rehearsals tomorrow."

"Ok" he nodded. I got into the car and the entire drive all I could think about were those hazel eyes.