Baby I'm A Star

I was sitting backstage, getting my makeup done. Some lady in Prince's crew was doing my makeup and she nearly beat a hole in my face putting powder on it. I wish Gigi was here but I gave her the night off. Her puppy died and she loved that puppy more than chocolate cake. If you knew Gigi then you would understand how drastic of a statement that was.

Anyway, I grabbed my mic and did a final turn in the mirror. It was almost time for me to go onstage.

If you're wondering did Prince dress me, the answer is no he didn't

If you're wondering did Prince dress me, the answer is no he didn't. He did say he liked my shorts, most likely because my ass was damn near falling out of them. Then again it's how I liked to dress. I like "little" clothes, I work too damn hard on my figure to cover it up. So I'm gonna wear all the crop tops and shorts that I want.

"You have 5 minutes Jasmyn." A stagehand notified me. I nodded and followed him out the door to the side of the stage. I danced my way out, giving random stage folks a high five. He was killing it. The groove he had going was damn near infectious. He walked backstage and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead and danced with me a little before he turned and walked to his quick change booth. He was still dancing himself in there, I could see his shadow. I was laughing my ass off. Then he ran back out and kept the groove going. It was incredible to see.

"Who gon' mess wit us." Prince called into the crowd. They all cheered back, to be honest they would probably cheer for anything he does. If Prince decided to come out onstage and scream into the mic for an hour they would go for it and considering Prince's voice it would sound amazing. I'd pay to see that.

"I know somebody, Jas." Someone came behind me and snatched my mic before I ran out. I guess I wouldn't be needing it so I shrugged it off. "Jasmyn everybody." I waved to the crowd, blew them kisses and such. Prince fans wear some crazy shit. Black lace shirt, leopard print pants, bright purple lipstick. Oh the 80s. We don't know what the hell we're doing. I had brought a towel and blotted his face and he reached his coat out and I blotted that all while Prince was saying "Thank you thank you." which made me bust into a fit of giggles. Prince and I did a little hand shake that we had practiced at the rehearsal.

"Mama what time is it?" He tilted the mic towards me.

"Time to do the bird."

"Good God." Then on beat the groove started back up as if it never ended. That's just what we started doing, the bird, and we did it all the way until we hit the ground. I laughed my way up.

Then Prince ran his ass off the stage. I was so damn pissed at him, but I wouldn't let the crowd see that. So I got up and starting dancing all to the music, all around the stage. I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. I've never had to control a band this big, my job is usually just to sing, maybe play the piano on occasions. I decided to just go with it and grabbed the mic.

"New Orleans!!" 

"I said New Orleans!!" I called again. They screamed even louder. I looked to the side and saw Prince coming so I ran over to join the line. We all scooted in sync, until Prince signaled for the beat to change. Which meant Prince and I were about to have to do our dance.

"Let's get up New Orleans"

We ran slide, hopped, jumped, and got down. I'm not even gonna lie. Prince and I are murdering the stage. My adrenaline is high, probably higher than its ever been. I walked past him and took my jacket off and threw it into the crowd. I thought about it and regretted it as soon as I did it. But hey, the guy that caught it looked happy. He took a deep inhale of it which kind of freaked me out but it was kind of endearing in a way after he reached out and screamed I love you."

I strutted over to Prince who was at the piano, I grabbed a tambourine and his ray bans and jumped on top of the piano. There were now tons of people on stage, joining in our party.

When the performance was over, and that was after we did a second encore of Purple Rain. Which I joined in and I was a hair away from crying the entire time. Prince kissed me on the cheek, which finally broke me into tears.

So finally Prince said thank you and good night to the crowd. It was kind of dark onstage and I took that chance to jump into Prince's arms and hug him. He dropped his guitar and wrapped his arms around me and spun me around, then he ran offstage with me as I busted into a fit of giggles.

"That was so much fun." I told him as he put me down.

"You did great, even when I left you." He laughed as he took off his coat. I punched him in his shoulder, when I remembered.

"Bitch ass"

"Ow!" He flinched. "What was that for?"

"Leaving me onstage..." I huffed and took off my heels and put on my slipper booties, they were pink and fluffy. I liked them. After dancing in heels with Prince for 20 minutes, my feet are killing me.

"I had to go get some people to join the party." he laughed.

"No you did that on purpose."

"No I improvised." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my black windbreaker and slipped it on.

"Asshole." I mumbled and tarted my after show routine of removing my make up and putting my hair into a high ponytail, as I sip on a soy latte. After many, passive aggressive jokes, us pushing eachother out the mirror, and Prince throwing shade like a MLB pitcher. The door busted open and it was Hannah.

"GIRL!!" She was breathing heavy.

"What?...and why do you sound like you just ran a marathon."

"She probably ran into Bowie again."

"Prince!!" I laughed and hit him on the shoulder.

"Michael....Pepsi...Explo-explosion...Hospital...woo hold on a second." She bent down catching her breathe, I looked at Prince and he just shrugged at me.

"Girl just- just come with me.." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out the to room.