MTV Interview

I standing by the refreshment table on the set of America, people watching for the most part. It's actually a live show and it was enjoyable until Prince pulled me onstage and wore me the hell out singing Life Can Be So Nice. We were all over the ground of the stage, he picked me up and spun me around, we were trying to catch flowers in our mouths during Eric's sax solo. It was shit you can only experience when you perform with Prince. I was dousing down bottles of water still.

Prince was giving MTV an interview. I asked him why he was doing an interview even though he hated them but he said that he was a little bit more worried how the public perceived him this time around. He hand picked the questions, mostly stuff he wanted to address and he had his manager give the interview.  I don't know where the hell it came from and personally I blame Susannah but hey that's just me. I grabbed my bowl of fruit and sat down against a wall watching. Also trying to see how many of these apple pieces I could fit into my mouth.

"One thing I'd like to say it that....I don't live in a prison and i'm not afraid of anything." He paused as he stared off into space. He was nervous and I could tell that he was trying choosing his words very carefully. We talked about how some reporters would misquote him a lot so he just stayed away from interviews all together. That is until now.

"I-...I'm just like anyone else I need love and water and I don't consider myself a superstar. I live in a small town and I always will cuz' I can walk around and be me........and-" He paused again and he looked off to the side a little at me. I had both cheeks full of apple pieces and I gave him two thumbs up in reassurance. He chuckled a little at that at my goofiness, which made me happy. He turned back to the camera's and just stared for a bit, a little smirk on his face.

"That's all I wanna be and that's all I tried to be. I didn't know what was gonna happen. I- just- tried to do my best and if somebody dug it then." He gave two little kissed and cut his eyes over to me again. I opened my mouth revealing that I had cleared my mouth. He shot me this wide eyed look again, he once again took it as sexual innuendo. I rolled my eyes and flicked him off. He chuckled once again and asked his manager to repeat the question. I couldn't hear it was something about inspiration.

"James Brown played a big influence on my style um when I was about 10 years old my stepdad put me on a' stage with him. I danced a little bit until the bodyguard took me off. The reason why I like James Brown so much is on my way backstage, on my way out. I saw some of the finest dancin' girl I ever seen in my life. And I think and I respect uh he influenced me by his control over his group...his dancing girls. There's apple and there's oranges."

"Nigga." I scrunched my face up confused as hell at what he meant. Then I looked down at my bowl and looked over at him. Did he mean my food? I don't know what Prince is talking about half of the time.

"In the Rolling Stone interview, you aid you were surprised by so many people comparing you to Hendrix when you play guitar." Prince sat up, mostly because he knew this question was coming. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

"Uhm a lot had to do with um........." He ran his thumb over his bottom lip trying to pick the right words. "Like I said the color of my skin." He locked his arms over his knee and started rocking back and forth. "That's not where it's at all....it really isn't. Hendrix was very good but they'll never be another one like him. It would be a pity to try. I strive for originality in my work and.....hopefully it'll be percieved that way " I'm guessing he's a little nervous because he's acting a little jittery to at least to me, which is adorable by the way. He glanced over at me again and smiled a little, desperation in his eyes. You had to really know Prince to tell what his eyes meant. 

"Your doing fine." I mouthed and shot him two thumbs up. "Loosen up." He smirked and turned back to the camera. I hopped back up and filled my bowl with more fruit all while watching Prince do everything but look at the camera. Sometime I wanna throw a show at him, not mine though. Hell naw my red bottoms are too expensive.