Some Say Love...

"Hey." Naomi stepped aside to let Gigi enter her foyer.

"Hey." Gigi looked her up and down, admiring her appearance in awe. "You look amazing! Did you make that?"

"That I did AND this skirt is real leather."

"Impressive."

Naomi guided her into the kitchen. "I was just gonna get something to eat. You want something?" She bent down in the fridge.

Gigi took a seat at the island."What you got?"

"Okay, let's see, I got leftover Chinese, cheesecake.. Ooh! more cheesecake."

"What kind?"

"The little individual slices."

She opened her hands. "Lay one on me."

Naomi slid her piece across the counter and grabbed her own and hopped on top of the island counter.

"So, how's Jasmyn holding up? I mean, apart from the constant crying and bitter depressing."

"She's fine." Naomi sighed. "It's just, it's just weird what's happening with her and Prince. You know, yesterday Hannah asked me to fix her up with somebody."

Gigi shrugged. "Well the best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody new."

"But Jasmyn? That's not what she needs right now. What Prince did is unforgivable but if she didn't care about him she wouldn't be this broken up over it."

"Ugh!" Gigi stabbed her fork into her cake. "Why is he such a jackass?"

"I don't know. Jasmyn tells me all the time. 'ain't nothin' worse than a guy that's fine ass boy that knows he's fine'." Naomi sucked the last of the cheesecake off the fork. "Then she deals with the finest most confident man to ever grace the planet. " She pursed her lips in thought.

"They're so perfect for each other. It's crazy."

Gigi huffed and tossed her fork over into the sink. "I just wish they'd realize they should be together."

"Well would you wanna deal with a married man?" Naomi grabbed Gigi's empty cheesecake container and plopped it into the trashcan.

"I know, I know. but when she told me about them taking that night time trip to Minnesota I assumed that's where things were headed for them, I thought that they'd be walking down the aisle in no time..."

"I know!!." Gigi squealed. "Did she show you the pictures?!? Guys don't do that for just anybody."

Naomi groaned, hopping back onto the stool. "They should just stop playing with eachother's emotions and get married, have children already."

Gigi placed her chin in the palm of her hands. "Ain't that the truth."

"You know what?" Naomi slammed her hand onto the table in realization. "Maybe once she starts dating, and she see's see what's out there, she'll realize how perfect Prince and her are for each other."

Gigi squinted. "So, what are we gonna do? Set her up with horrible dates and drive her back into the arms of a liar."

"......Yeah." Naomi shrugged. "Come on I know a few guys actually."

___________________

Date #1: Parker Aaron, Humanitarian

"What a beautiful place. What a great night! I have to tell you, being here with you in this blessed little slice of French heaven, Patina...I feel so lucky." He mused, looking around the restaurant. "I think of all the good times that have happened here. The birthdays, those lifechanging after prom dinners, the surprise engagements, but none of them will compare with tonight! My God, I don't want to forget this moment! It's like I want to take a mental picture of you!" He props his arms up on the table as if he has a camera, and took an imaginary picture. I, once again, scooted my silverware away from me.