The Interview

Gigi, my makeup artist since I was 13, had turned my chair around and let me face the mirror. As much as I've had my makeup done, i'm always shocked by the results.

"You look a solid 16 today." Gigi laughed at me, tucking her brushes away.

"Shut up." I pushed her away. I look young, I always have. Its's these damn cheeks. She makes fun of me all the time for it,but at least when I'm 40 i'll look 30. Veronica stormed in the room with a phone in her hand.

"15 minutes, you look amazing, and Michael's on the phone." she said all in one breathe. Me and Gigi looked at each other and started laughing.

"You take a seat and a breath now." Gigi took her by the arm and led her to a seat. "I'll go get you some water." She flashed a face at me and left the room. I placed the phone to my ear and listened to the commotion in the background, I heard Michael's soft breathing and the car sounds. "Salvation Army tomorrow Marlon." Then I heard them bust up into laughter. Aww their being mean to my baby.

"Hi baby." I greeted him in a baby voice.

"Hey." he greeted me. "Stop laughing at me." He laughed. I couldn't help but smile.

"Put me on speaker phone."

"Ok your on." he voice sounded more distant.

"Yall stop being mean to my baby."

"Yes ma'am" I heard Jackie say.

"No promises" Tito added it.

"I'm not playin'"

"Yes mother" Marlon yelled. Michael took me off speaker phone and the stage director came in my room and screamed 5 minutes.

"Why is he yelling?" Veronica looked at me. I shrugged at her.

"Well, I didn't want much. I just wanted to say Good Luck and I love you."

"WHIPPED." I heard the boys yell in the background.

"I love you too baby."

"Bye." He giggled. I blew him a kiss over the phone and hung up.

__________________________

"She is the most requested female artist on the radio. The highest selling teen solo artist of all time. She's got more number one hits than any other artist in history. She's had not one not two, but four number one albums. She was awarded the Grammy's Best New Artist at just the age of 13, making her the youngest artist to do so and guess what? She's only 18. Everyone give it up for the lovely, beautiful, and talented Jasmyn" Oprah shouted and the crowd started cheering behind her. I came out waving and blowing kisses to them. They were the cutest. In the front row some of them had my name spelled out. They were holding posters from the earlier part of my career. Some were even Listening Session tour posters.

Oprah pulled me in for a big hug before we both say down.

"Look at you! I remember when you were just this big." She held her hand about 4 inches off the ground and the entire crowd laughed at her.

"I'm still that big.." I chuckled. "But yeah I had just started when you interviewed me the last time. I was only 13."

"That's crazy. I remember when you released the had released the first album." Then she pulled it out. "Pink Champagne. Do you remember this." I put my hands over my face. "This came out in 1978, you were only 13." She held it out to me and pulled out another one.

"Yours Truly, 1979, 14 years old." She held it up and showed it to the crowd and then handed it to me.

"Oh my god do you have my whol-"