The Gay Gatsby

Author: mismatchedsockslife

Chapters: 38

Completed

Rating:10/10

Summary:

Who in their right mind would ask a teenager to write a 4000 word essay on the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald anyway? To me, English class was simply the fine art of over analyzing very old pieces of literature. It was usually pretty easy for me to string together some intricate sounding sentences about these old novels. My English teacher loved me for it, but for this particular essay, I was utterly incapable of replicating the excellence of my previous work.

All I knew was that Nick Carraway was definitely gay for Gatsby.

_________

When two high school boys find themselves being forced into partnership for a class project, things get interesting.

With Callaway's snarky remarks and hidden secrets, and Chance's accidental girlfriend, their path to completing high school is anything but straight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I very much enjoyed reading this. The characters were totally different from each other and unique. I also really liked the two main characters. They were flawed, yet charming in their own way. Warning, there are mentions of mental disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, and suicide.

Also thanks to the person who recommended this story (sorry I forgot who it was, but I know one of you recommended it)

Song:?

Question: When you get nervous, what is something that you do? (I giggle uncontrollably. It's not cute, trust me. My face gets all red and I practically choke on my giggles. It's awful)