I Am Bailey Bennett

Author: KatieShakespeare

Chapters: 13

Completed

Rating: 10/10

Summery:

Beautiful: Possessing qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, taste, smell, and to feel.

You do not want to see me. When you see me, you see a freak. You do not want to hear my voice, my high hideous voice. Nor do you want to think about me and my disgusting self. Never would you want to taste me with your lips, or smell my wretchedness. And you most certainly do not want to feel me. You do not want to feel me or feel what I feel.

I am Bailey Bennett and I am not beautiful.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I very much enjoyed reading this story. The plot was very different and the main character was also unique and different from the usual protagonist in books. It didn't say, or at least I think it didn't, but I think the story takes place in 1969 because of the frequent use of bell bottoms (like they were the norm). Also the way everything was much more conservative, and the fact that they said something about going to Woodstock, which was a three day concert that took place in New York in 1969. Of course I could be completely wrong, or the book did mention it but I just skipped over it. Either way I completely embarrass myself. So yeah...I don't know why I felt the need to say that. Just read it.

Song: Mountains of the Moon by Translucent Amber

Question: Quincea~era, sweet 16, both, or neither. If neither, then at what age is it for you?

Suggest/Comment/Vote