Chapter 46

Skylars P.O.V

I wake up and forget where I am. I lift my head and look around and then it hits me. I'm in bed with Ben. He's still sleeping so I crawl out of bed quietly. I head downstairs and smell something delicious. I walk into the kitchen and there's Danielle making breakfast. "Good morning darling!" She says with a smile. "Danielle what are you doing here? I thought you betray us." I say raising my eyebrow. "Well, I did but them I realized it wasn't right and so I came back." She says reaching her arms out to hug me. I slap her arms softly. "What was that for?" "You think I'm going to forgive you that easily?!" I yell. "But Skylar there's a reas-" "Save it! I don't want to talk to you!" I yell and run back upstairs. I look at the bed and see something strange. Ben is still sleeping but so am I. I can see myself sleeping. What is going on? "Skylar?" A voice says behind me. I turn around fast and see Danielle standing at the top of the stairs. "What do you want?" I ask annoyed. "There's reasons I joined the other side you know." "Oh yeah? Name them." I say. "They aimed a gun at me and told me they were going to kill me." She says. "I told them they could shoot me it didn't bother me, but then they told me they'd kill you....and I couldn't let that happen." She says.

I just stare at her sadly for a second but then I think about what she said to me before she jumped onto the helicopter. "No that's not what happened your lying!" I yell. "Sky I only said that so that you'd be mad at me and you wouldn't do the whole risk your life for me thing. Common, before I said that admit it, you were going to die for me." She says. I think for a moment except she's right. That's exactly what I would've done. "Yeah....your right." I say. "Skylar your like a daughter to me I wouldn't give you up ever." She says. "Really?" I ask starting to cry. I honestly miss her. "Of course honey come here." She says opening her arms for a hug. I run to her and she holds me like my mom always would. "I know this is a dream....but it seems like one of those ones I'd get when something is going on and this dream tells me what to do but it hasn't yet." I say. "So is that real? Is that the reason that you joined the other side?" I ask. "Yes dear....but I've got to go your waking up." "Wait what is it that I need to do?" I ask. "Don't give up Skylar, keep fighting and you'll win this war." She says with a smile. I smile back and my vision goes black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes and remember where I am. I'm in bed with Ben, except this time it's real. I crawl out of bed quietly and head downstairs. I smell something good. I walk over to the kitchen and surprisingly Zion is cooking up some breakfast. "That smells good." I say. She turns around and looks at me. "Oh thanks.. I thought since Zach's mom doesn't want us to get married I'd try to warm up to her and cook her favorite thing for breakfast." She says and turns around. "Smart girl. You know it's not that she doesn't like you." I say. "Really? What is it then?" "You're both too young." I say and grab some plates to set the table. "Your turning sixteen and Zach is sixteen. At least wait til your eighteen and actual adults." I say. "Oh, I thought she just hated me. But I just feel rushed to get married and start a family because I look at all these people on the streets and they have kids and had their kids when they were like sixteen and eighteen." She says.

"Zion, never feel pressured to do anything. Sometimes you'll have moments where you do feel pressured to do some things, but sometimes in the end things don't workout. You just need to ask yourself before you do anything 'Will this benefit me?' Or 'Will this make me happy?' Because if not then it's probably not worth it." I say. "Thanks Skylar, that actually made sense." "Any time. You are a strong, confident, funny, kind, beautiful girl and you can do anything you set your mind to." I say as I put my hand on her shoulder and smile. "Thanks Skylar." She says hugging me. "Hopefully we can be friends and grow closer after a while." She says with a smile. "Yeah I think we will." I say setting the table.

"Smells delicious ladies." Zach says and kisses Zion. "Well good morning." She says smiling at him. "Good morning. Whatcha making?" He asks. "Just some hash browns and omelettes." He says. They look happy. Ben and I have that, right? I think we do but I just really hope he's the one. "Happy birthday in two days babe." Zach says to Zion. It makes me realize that I must've missed my birthday. It would've been about a week ago right? "Zion when is your birthday?" "June fourteenth." "Oh, that's weird my birthday is June twenty ninth." "Why is that weird?" "Just because it seemed like my birthday was in week like a month ago. But it doesn't matter sorry." I say.

After everyone is awake and breakfast is finished we all have breakfast around the table and we talk and have good laughs before we need to go to war. I love these people and hope I can be with them for a while.

Authors note: Hey guys! Sorry another fill in chapter but I swear the war will happen in chapter 47. Question of the day, do you think Zach and Zion will stay together or break up? Comment what you think and why. Don't forget to vote, read, share, and comment. Click that little star at the bottom of your screen and please comment what you think. We're almost to 1K views thanks so much guys! So please share so we can get Expired to 1K we're so close. Thanks readers!