Chapter 10

He's so sweet! "As long as I'm alive I'll always be with you too." I say with a small smile. His face starts coming toward mine. I think he wants to kiss me. I close my eyes and start to lean in when a doctor bursts through the door. We both jump and stand on our feet. "Margret would like to see you all." The doc said. "Okay." I say and we all rush to her room. Once we reach room 208 I open the door.

My mother lays on her bed and her eyes start to flutter open. "Mom?" "Are you doing okay?" I ask and tears start to form in my eyes. I fight them but one escapes and falls on my cheek. "They told me I don't have much time." She says weakly." "No.....no.....no I can't lose you!" I scream and gently lay on her. She puts one of her arms on my back. I start to sob and think of what life would be life without her.

I'll live alone in our home. Have to pay bills off of four or five jobs. I'll have to work very hard to get a car and have to drive to school every morning. Maybe Ben will come visit every once and a while, same with Danielle but other than that I don't have anyone I love or care about. Some arms are out over me and I'm pushed back to get off of my mother. I think back to reality and it's Ben'd caring arms being out around me and a bunch of doctors come into the room.

"No, no, no!" I scream as I'm pushed out of the room. "I need to say goodbye!" I scream before I'm shoved out the doorway. Before the door closes I scream "Goodbye! I lov-" I scream but the door closes. "You." I whisper to myself. I start to ball my eyes out. Ben puts his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. I just cry on him for a little bit until I tire myself out and I don't cry anymore. "You know she really loved you." Ben says trying to help. "And I loved her too." I say trying not to get emotional.

"Ben?" "Yeah?" "Where am I going to live?" I ask. "At your house." "Where else?" He asks. "But I'm going to live alone, I'm going to need to pay my bills and get five jobs." I say with a frown. "Well actually I was thinking, if it's okay with you.....maybe could I possibly move in?" He asked. "Of course you can!" I say with enthusiasm and give him a hug. After I release him, I look over at Danielle who's just sitting there. "Danielle?" I ask. "Yes dear?" She asks. "Am I the only person who's "Expired"?" I ask. "Oh no you're not dear, there are only twenty people in this world who are "Expired"." She says.

"But they're isn't a lot left, you need more people." She says. "Well, I can't control how babies are born "Expired" it's not my choice." I tel her. "The only way you can control that is if "Expired" were to have children with another "Expired" human." She says. "Where are the other "Expired" and how do I get them all together?" I ask. "The journal!" Danielle says with a bright smile.

"The journal?" Me and Ben ask at the same time. "Yes my journal!" "I knew all of them once......a long time ago." she said with a little worry on her face. "There's something I need to tell both of you." "Here let's go back to your home." She says and we start walking out of the hospital. "Wait what about my mother?" I ask. "I already filled out papers for her funeral and where the body will be held until then." Danielle said.

"Okay." I reply with a frown on my face. "It'll be okay.....I promise just please don't be sad whenever you are it hurts me too." Ben says grabbing my hand. I don't say anything but I nod my head and grip his hand a little tighter. Once we get home I realize something. We just left the crazy lady here. Is she still here? Uh oh did we lose her. "No she's still here." Ben says. "Wait what?" "Did I say that aloud?" I ask with a little embarrassment on my face. "Yes you did." Ben says with a smile.

We open the door and she's still paralyzed on the floor. "We need to get her to the police station for them to take her to a prison." I say. "Good idea!" "Except who will take her?" Ben asks. "I need to look for my journal it's in your attic." Danielle says pointing up stairs. "And I should help her." "I should know where everything is since it's my home." I say. "Okay I'll take her." Ben says grabbing her from under her armpits dragging her out the door.

"Wait!" I say running outside. I take off her fanny pack and pull the taser out of my pocket. "She needs to have it again so she doesn't wake up until you get back." I say. He just nods. "This will only hurt a little bit." I say to grumpy cat even though she's paralyzed. I taser her and her body just moves a little bit from it. "She should be out for a little longer." I tell him. "Okay." "Be careful!" "I will." He finishes the conversation. I really hope he returns back safely. He puts her body in the back of the car and hops in the drivers seat.

"Wait!" I scream again. I run up to the truck door and open it. He leans down a little bit to reach me since it's a tall truck. My hands grabbed his head pulling him into a long kiss. After about 7 seconds I pull away slowly. "Be careful."