Chapter 42

Authors note: Thanks everyone so much for 800+ reads! Thank you for taking the time to read this book! I hope your liking it so far. If you like it vote. Also, I am running out of ideas for pictures so if you have any good pictures like just cool pictures or anything you'd like to share for a chapter you can get the fame. I will only do that though if you vote and comment on what think for this chapters question of the day. If you spam me with votes then I'll do a shoutout for your account and one of your books so please so that. Anyway enjoy this chapter!

Ben's P.O.V

I scream as Skylar is taken away by some government man. "That's our leader who's going to be in the broadcast and we need to get her back! Everyone star-" I say, but then I think for a moment. They are expecting us to come up and shoot them. They're going to be prepared they're going to shoot us and kill the rest of our troops. We're really stuck now. "Does anyone have a plan? They're planned for us to come up, and shoot them so we can't go up there or we'll all get killed." I shout. Everyone chats together probably thinking about plans. "Anyone?" I ask. Everyone is quiet and doesn't say anything. I see someone in a black uniform, like Skylars march up to me. It's Danielle. "Ben, if you want Skylar back we're going to have to just go up there and risk a couple of people." Dani says. "Your right...I wish there was an easier way." I say sadly.

"Okay. We have to go up. She's pretty much our leader and we can't lose her!" I yell. Then the television on the wall turns on. "Hello my fellow troops. So as you know I'm held here captive. And if you don't turn down your weapons they're shooting me. So......." She trails off. "So keep fighting! Thank you all for serving!" She spits out as fast as she can and she gets shot and falls out of her chair. "Skylar!" I scream. "WE'RE GOING UP THERE NOW!" I shout and everyone rushes to the elevators. "Everyone be prepared." I say and cock my gun. The elevator dings and the doors slowly open. We all start rapidly shooting and some troops even jump and tackle on the government men, and women. Dani and I run down the hall, before we start checking I recognize one of the rooms was the room we broadcasted in. "Dani this way." I say and we both barge in the room. As soon as we open the doors, I see Skylar laying on the floor and men surrounding the room. They all aim their guns at us.

"You shot Skylar!" I yell and shoot men everywhere. They shoot at me and Dani shoots with me. "Dani behind me!" I shout over all of the gunshots. She runs behind me and takes cover. We actually shoot a lot of men in the room until there's one left. I run to him and hold him against a wall. "Why are you doing this?" I ask violently. "Why should I tell you?" He asks. "Because I can kill you if you won't give me answers!" I shout. I let my left arm fall to my side to find my gun and my right hand holds him against the wall still. I pull my gun up to his head. "If I pull the trigger...your dead.....now tell me answers." I demand. "Please man I have a family!" He says and starts crying. I kick his leg and stand in the same position again. "Tell me!" I shout. "Ben stop!" Dani yells and pulls my arm with the gun. "Dani what are you doing?" I yell.

"Ben this is what the government did to your parents and killed them. Don't you see, we're trying to make peace and stop the dates but we're just causing more chaos. This, right here." She says pointing to the gun against his head. "This needs to stop." She says and grabs the gun. "What are you-" I start, but she grabs it and drops it to the ground. I let go of the man, but he still stays in the place he was when I held him there. She walks over to Skylar and feels for a pulse. I run over to them on the ground and wait to see if she's alive. I start to say a prayer in my head for her, but Danielle interrupts me. "She's alive, but she's not doing so well. Her heartbeat is really slow and spaced. We need to get her to someone now." She says. I don't know how it is possible for Skylar to have survived a bullet right to the stomach but she is.

Dani and I grab her body and run her to a troop who is a nurse. "Is there anything you can do to help?" I ask. "Yes, but I need to take her home. I have al my supplies and machines, along with an actual hospital. If you can carry her to one of the trucks I'll get her there." She says. I nod. I pick her up firemans lift style and carry her to one of the trucks. The woman hops in and drives away. I run back inside into the broadcast room and shut the door while all of the other troops chatter and talk about their losses and how we're going to end this. I ponder for a minute, but I look at the broadcast camera and know exactly what to do.

I set it up so it shows me in the chair perfectly. I press a button and it starts counting down from five and I rush to the chair. The red button turns on and I know I'm live. "I wanted to send a message to everyone. This war isn't over. It almost is, but not yet. Now we head to the White House where our president is and we fight them. I also wanted to let you know that Skylar Peterson, our leader is severely injured, however she is our leader. Our leader lives."

Authors note: Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! So question of the day, do you think Dani should've stopped Ben from killing that government man or do you think he should've shot him? Comment what you think and why. I am still in the thirty day writing challenge and this Wednesday marks two weeks since I entered so two more weeks to go. That also means that it's very important for you guys to vote, share, and comment. So remember to vote, read, comment, and share. Thanks readers!