Chapter 8

I run upstairs and pull the string opening the door to the attic. A ladder falls from the trap door and I climb up as fast as I can. I know it's just a matter of time before she breaks in. I reach the attic and close the door behind me. I think back to my leg and look down at it. I see a little blue glow coming from it. How did I not notice before. I mean, I've been wearing a hospital gown that only reaches my knees and the glow is coming from my calves.

I look around for some new clothes. I can't help being in this anymore it's ripped, it's dirty, it smells, I'm done. I find a box that has blue jeans, a grey tank top, and a red leather jacket I hurry and slip these on. I also need shoes. I look around and find another box labeled "shoes" and look in that box. I find brown boots and slip them on. There's an old mirror in there too. I walk up to it and look at my reflection. My brown wavy hair is tangled, my bright green eyes, the clothes I'm wearing. I sort of look like a hunter.

I hurry and brush my hair in case so it won't later be painful to do anything like put it up. Just then I hear it. BANG! Only one noise and I already know what happened. She broke the door open. I hide in the corner trying not to panic. I grab a bunch of jackets over me to hide if she does find me. Then I think what about Ben? What about Danielle? What about mother?

Ben's P.O.V (point of view)

"Hide." I tell Skylar and she rushes upstairs. I don't know where she hid but she knows the house better than I do. What about her mother and the older woman? I have to help them escape before this phyco path breaks in. I run upstairs and back to the room where they were. I open the door to find them looking at me with a little panic. "What's wrong?" The woman asks. "You guys need to escape." "Now." I say. "But what about Skylar?" Her mother asks. "It's okay Mrs. Peterson." "I'll help her, but you two need to go now, there's not much time."

I help her mother out of bed and put my arm around her to support her. It must be her leg keeping her from walking straight. I walk her to the closet where the other woman rushed to as soon as I told them they needed to hide. "If anything happens, jump out the window and run as far as you can." I say. "Is there anyway we can communicate if that happens?" The woman asks. "I don't know." I say. "We'll find a way." Her mother says. I just nod my head and close the doors to the closet. I run to the window and punch it so if she comes to this room she'll think they jumped out the window. And it should support the ladies in the closet when they jump they would get cut.

"Owwwwww" I yell quietly in pain as I look at my hand to see it bleeding. I look around and see wrap on the floor. She must've had to wrap her leg i think. I grab it and wrap it around my hand in the wounded bleeding areas. I rush out the door and she happens to be at the bottom of the stairs. "Hand her over and no one gets hurt." She says walking up. "How about no." I say. There's a fancy chair in the hallway and I grab it and throw it at her to slow her down.

"AAAAAAGGGGGGHHH!" She screams as it hits her and throws her to the bottom of the stairs. She gets up and rubs the side of her head with her hand. "This is your last warning." "Hand her over or someone gets hurt." She reaches for her pocket and I spot a figure in her pocket. She pulls out a gun and aims it right at my face and looks me in the eyes. "What's it going to be?" She asks looking at me. "Never." I say not moving a muscle. BOOM! She presses the trigger with her finger and my eyes close.

Skylar's P.O.V

I hear a gunshot from downstairs. Ben wasn't armed so it must've been the nurse who shot someone. "No....no......no!" I scream throwing everything laying on me out of the way. I grab my fathers Louisville Slugger from when he played baseball. I throw open the trap door and jump down. I get up and I see her holding a gun with Ben on the floor and his eyes closed. "YOU IDIOT!" I scream at her and swing the bat at her. I barely miss because she sucks. She aims her gun at me at shoots. Just like she did, I ducked before it hit me.

I run down the stairs so I'm at the same level of ground as her. Right before I swing at her I realize something. I don't want her dead. I don't want her to hurt. But I want her out. She closes her eyes and I drop the bat and snatch the gun out of her hands. I point it at her and she opens her eyes. "You're under arrest." I say with a smile on my face. "What?" "You can't arrest me!" She screams at me. "Get on the ground now!" I yell at her. She doesn't do what I say so I push her to the wall and put her hands behind her back. I look around her body. She has to have something like handcuffs. Then I notice a fanny pack around her waist.

"A fanny pack?" "Really?" I ask and chuckle a little to make her feel embarrassed. I grab the fanny pack and zip it open to find exactly what I needed inside. Handcuffs. I put them on her and put the key in my pocket. I rush to Ben laying on the floor like he was. When I reach him my eyes fill with tears. "Ben?" I ask. His eyes flutter open. "You're alive!" I scream and wrap my arms around him to pull him in a hug. "Yep!" He says full with energy. I look at the gun shot in his stomach but I have to pull his shirt up to see it. He grabs the bullet and shoves it from out of his stomach without a complaint.

"Was that supposed to hurt?" He asks with a smile on his face.