Chapter 22

This is Amber⬆️

I wake up in a room. I sit up and an object slides down my face. I flip out. What is this thing? It was a scary jump scare. It was just a stupid ice pack. Phew what a sigh of relief I was totally in shock for a second. I'm in a very small room and my stomach gets butterflies. We're probably in the plane. I get up and walk to the door and open it holding the ice pack to my head. I walk down the rows of chairs until I spot Danielle and Ben.

I tap Ben on the shoulder and he jumps. "Sorry it's just me." I say to him trying to calm him down. "It's okay you just scared me for a second.....it was just a weird surprise your up this early." He says. "A surprise?......what exactly happened?" I ask. "You were so weak I shut your eyes and our flight was leaving so we hopped on and got you and Jade into the plane and into the little nurses office to take care of you guys because you were pretty beat up." He says. I think in my head that he didn't help us. "Why didn't you help us?" I ask trying to keep call but I get so frustrated. Just then Jade walks up to us and smiles a little at me like she knows what's going on.

"I tried but you don't understand I-" he gets cut off when the intercom goes off. "Ladies and gentlemen we've reached our destination. Thank you for flying with us and have a great afternoon!" The captain says as everyone starts to walk out of the plane. We grab our luggage and head out. We walk to the curb and get a cab. We get dropped off at a mall where I can buy myself a black dress and hat for the funeral. We hop out and Danielle pays the guy.

"Okay so Danielle, Skylar, and I will go get dresses, Ben you go get a nice suit or whatever." Jade says. "No." I reply. "No?" "That can't happen we can't split apart." I say sternly. She just rolls her eyes and doesn't argue. "Fine we'll all go to the dress store and Ben can wait until we're done then we'll walk with him to another place to get his suit." Jade says. I just nod my head and we all follow Jade to a store full of dresses. We walk in and look all over for a black dress. For some reason we couldn't find one I mean, why is it that hard to find one black dress.

We go up to the cash and pay area where a red haired woman stands. She's folding a pair of pants until she notices us. She looks up and smiles and me and asks "may I help you?" "Yes we're looking for a couple black dresses like ones you'd wear to a funeral." I say. "Oh I can help you follow me right this way!" She says with a little too much enthusiasm. We follow her into a room with a bunch of black sparkling dresses. "Here you go!" She practically screams. "Ummmmmm thanks...." Jade says with a questioning look on her face as the girl leaves. She's probably about sixteen or seventeen.

We look around until one finally catches my eye. It's beautiful black and shiny. "What about this one?" I ask with a smile. "Oh my gosh go try it on!" Danielle says with a wide smile on her face and she pushes me into the changing room. I slip it on. It's long black and sparkly. It has no sleeves and it has a big opening for my back behind me. I look in the mirror and spin around for a minute. I open the door to see Danielle, Ben, Jade, and the girl who assisted us. Danielle smiles and wraps her arms around me. "You look beautiful just like your mother." She says and she starts to tear up. "Oh Danielle don't cry or your going to make me cry." I say with a little smile wiping a tear forming in my eye.

"Sorry." She says smiling wiping the tears away. "You look pretty!" "You look like a model!" Jade and the lady yelp in joy. I turn around to see Ben staring at me emotionless. "What is it?" I ask coming close to him looking up since he's taller than me. "You.......you look absolutely gorgeous." He says looking at me from head to toe. "Thank you." I smile and he wraps me into a hug. "So this one for sure?" I ask. "Yes!" They all say at the same time. I walk back into the dressing room and change back into my clothes. I walk out and Danielle and Jade aren't there. "I'm assuming they jumped like little girls to try on some dresses." I say walking to Ben. "Witchcraft." He says looking at the floor then to me with a little smirk. I can't help but giggle.

I sit down right by Ben since there's one empty chair next to him. I stare at him for a moment since he hasn't said a word since I sat down. "You okay?" I ask grabbing his hand. "Yeah......why wouldn't I be?" "You just look depressed." I say squeezing his hand tightly. "Well.....I feel like this funeral and your mother thing is all my fault." He says looking down at the ground again. "Oh don't give me that "cute boy feels bad for himself to make him look even cuter" thing." I say with a playful punch. "Well it's true okay I feel like its all my fault.....I should've ran faster and hurried more." He says looking at me. "Ben.......everything happens for a reason." I say trying to make him feel better.

"Is that why you and I met?" "Because everything happens for a reason." "Maybe it was destined." He says. "Hahaha that sounds really cheesy........but yeah.....it was meant to be." I say grabbing his other hand. We look into each other's eyes for three seconds and then Jade bursts out the door with her dress on. Me and Ben jump out of our seats and inspect her dress. "You look awesome!" I say. "Yeah!" Ben says.

"Thanks.......you don't think it's too short?" She asks. "No......I think it's fine." I say as Danielle comes out wearing a really long dress. Not as long as mine but pretty long with long see through sleeves with flowers on them. "What about this?" She asks. "Perfect!" I say clapping my hands. We walk out and buy our dresses. The assistants name tag is covered up. "What's your name?" I ask. "Amber." She replies with a smile.

We walk into the suit shop and Ben immediately finds a suit and rushes to try it on. He comes out after about one minute and is already in front of me before I realized he found a suit. "Whoa you look......so handsome." I say. My mind turned to mush I can't think when he looks this amazing. The girls nod and agree this is the one for him. He turns to the cash register and head out into the car. "That girl seemed familiar." Danielle says with a curious look on her face. "Hmmmmm that's interesting." "I kind of recognized her too." Jade said. We hop in a cab and head straight for the funeral. Why was she so familiar to them?