Chapter 36

This is Zach and Zion⬆️

I sit at the kitchen table trying to think, and Dani sits across from me. "Dani I'm worried about him I can't live without him." I say. I miss him already. I squeeze my teddy bear and think about him. He's strong, smart, brave, he can do it....I just need him. "I'm going to get ready for the day.....but then we are going to find Ben." I say. Dani smiles at me nervously. I go to my room and change. I put on a grey long sleeved shirt with a black leather jacket over it. I put on my blue jeans and my black boots. I leave my hair down today. I brush my teeth and head downstairs. "Are you ready?" I ask Dani. "Dear let's have breakfast, I'm not doing anything on an empty stomach. "Ugh! Fine." I say and sit down across from her again.

"Here you go darlings!" Elspeth says holding a plate of waffles in each hand. "Thanks El." Dani says patting her back as she sets the plates on the table. I grab my fork and start to cut up little pieces so I don't choke. As soon as I'm done cutting I spread syrup all over it. "Oh and here are some fruits to put on your waffles. You know gotta put something healthy on there." Elspeth says with a smile putting down a bowl of strawberries and blueberries. "Thanks!" I say and sprinkle blueberries and strawberries all over my waffle. I grab my fork and pick up a piece of waffle with it. Right before I can bring it to my mouth the door slams open. I freak out and fall backwards with my chair. "We're engaged!" Zion yells from the doorway and Zach follows her inside.

Elspeth has a pitcher of orange juice in her hand and two cups stacked on top of each other in her left. "Good morning darlings!" Elspeth says and puts a cup in front of my plate and starts to pour the orange juice in. "We're getting married!" Zion says. Elspeth's mouth drops open. "I'm sorry, what?" She asks and doesn't notice that my cup is overflowing with orange juice and onto my waffle. "Ummmmm El?" Dani says pointing to my cup. "Oh I'm so sorry Skylar let me get you a new waffle." "Dang it I was excited for that waffle." I say with a frown on my face. Dani bursts into laughter. "Zach your seventeen! Your too young!" "No I'm not! Zi is about to turn sixteen, but we love each other and I wouldn't want anything else." Zach says and puts his arm around Zion. "I wouldn't want to marry any other guy." Zion says and smiles at Zach. I look down at my lap and the teddy bear that Ben gave me is still sitting there.

That was supposed to be Ben and I. Even though we were young we didn't care, and now he's going to stop the government by himself. I'm going now I can't stand this. I get out of my seat, grab my teddy with the note, and I run out the front door. I start to sprint down the street. How am I going to get there? Wait, dad never came yesterday to visit like he said. He owes me. I run down to his new shop and slam the door open. "Daddy?!" I yell. Immediately I hear footsteps going down the stairs. "Sky I'm so sorry I didn't come yesterday it got busy, and-" "And you can owe me back by taking me to the government. No questions asked!" I say. He looks at me like I'm crazy for a second. "I'll only forgive you if you take me." "Done." He says and we run out to the car. I hop in the passenger seat and he steps on the pedal and we ride.

"Okay now that we're in the car and we have time to talk, what's going on?" "I was going to stop the government because they're doing something cruel and evil and Ben stopped me because he didn't want me to get hurt. I wake up this morning and there's this teddy bear and this note and he left without me!" I say trying not to cry. He better be okay. I miss him so much! "What is the government doing?" He asks. "You know these dates on our arms?" I ask and pull up my sleeve to show him my date. "Yeah." He says and his eyes open wide once they meet my date. "Your expired!" He says nervously. "Watch the road!" I yell and his eyes jump back to the road. "Sorry! So you were saying?" "I'm expired......and you are too...in fact everyone is."

"I'm expired?" "Yep." "And so are you?" "Yep." "And so is your boyfriend?" "Yep." "And so was your mother?" "Yep." "And so was-" "Dad everyone on this planet is expired!" "Okay gotcha." He says and there's a moment of silence. "Well anyway everyone is expired, and these people have been dying on their "date" but these are fake! The government just plans a random day when we're going to die and they kill us purposely to make us and our families think that it was because of our date but it's not! Last night I had this dream where Sabrina was telling me to stop the government. I only have dreams with family in them talking to me if it's something important. This is important dad, we need to stop them." There's a moment of silence. "Can you please help me?" "I don't know Skylar I don't like him." "You've never met him!" "Yes I did at the door!" "That was barely anytime!" "I still don't like him dating my little girl!" "WELL I LOVE HIM!" I scream.

"I love him so much and if anything were to happen to him.....I don't know what I'd do." I say and tears fill my eyes."Alright fine I'll help but don't cry." He says. "Thank you." I say wiping my eyes.

A little later, we finally get there. "So where do you think he'll be?" I ask. "I'm not sure but let's start looking." "Okay." I say and we start to look. Oh Ben, wherever you are I hope we'll find you, and I hope your okay. I love you, and I'm coming.

Authors note: Well, crazy chapter huh? Alright for question of the day, do you think Zach and Zion should get married? Do you think they're too young? Comment what you think and why. Remember to vote, read, comment and add Expired to your reading list. Thanks readers!