Chapter 14

Oh no! Oh no! OH NO! I scream to myself as I wiggle in my seat. "Ben?" "Ben?" "BEN?!" I call as I gently shake his body to wake him up. "Wha- what happened?!" He jumps. "Shhhhh" I shush him. "What is it?" He asks quietly. "I see one of the body guards in the back." I say trying to calm down. He looks back and I'm pretty sure he sees him because hi eyes get wide. "We gotta get out of here!" Ben whispers but with panic in his voice.

I hear footsteps coming closer and close and closer. Oh no he saw us he's going to take us away. I think to myself. I just close my eyes scared of what's going to happen. "Ma'am?" A voice asks. I open my eyes and it's just the flight attendant. I breathe a sigh of relief. "I'm awake don't worry." I tell her. "Okay well, here are your peanuts." She says handing over a bunch of packages. There are probably about twenty. "Is this enough?" She asks in a worried voice. "Oh no this is perfect thank you so much." I say politely. "No problem." She says with a smile and walks away with the big cart.

"How are we going to get out of her?" I ask Ben. "I don't know." "Wake up Danielle, she has good ideas." He says pointing to her. "Danielle?" "Danielle?" I call her shaking her body gently as I did to Ben. She wakes up very slowly. "Do you need anything dear?" She says in a sleepy voice. "Danielle, a guard is here." I whisper. "Oh he won't notice us if we are quiet." She says with a smile. "Are you sure?" "We don't need to get out of here?" I ask. "Dear there's nothing we can really do we're flying on a plane we can't just jump out." Danielle says.

I look at Danielle with a smile on my face saying "Why can't we?". "Oh no." She says. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask her. "Skylar, hun I'm sorry but that's just crazy!" She says. I look back at the guard who must've seen me. He has olive skin, he's bald, and he's pretty big. He's wearing black sunglasses, a black suit, and a black tie. He tilted his sunglasses down toward his nose revealing his dark brown eyes and lock with mine. I hurry and turn around but I'm sure he knows it's me.

"Ben?" I ask. "Yeah?" "I think he saw me." "Nah he couldn't have seen you he's probably to focused on the win-" he cuts off because he looks back and sees him coming closer. "He's gonna kill us." He says in a panic. He spins around really fast as the guard is coming closer as we speak. "Oh no oh no oh no" I whisper to myself. I sit there for a moment. He doesn't come to us.

I sit up from the ball I curled in and he's just walking to the restroom. "Oh my!" That was a miracle!" I say to Ben looking at him. "I mean I did not expect that to happen!" I say relieved. Bens eyes are wide and staring at me and behind me. "He's right behind me isn't he." I say with a dull look on my face. Ben doesn't say anything but nods and his knees are curled up to his chest. I turn around slowly to see the guard right next to Danielle but she's sleeping.

"Oh ummm hey there." I politely wave to him with an awkward smile. He just stares at me through his dark sunglasses. "So listen were just trying to get to L.A to meet some pretty cool people...and we want to enjoy it so if you could please just step back behind my friend we can talk somewhere more private." I say. He takes two steps back standing in the middle of the row and a flight attendant sees that. "Sir can you please have a seat." The woman who gave me the little packages peanuts asks him. He turns around and looks at her.

"I'm sorry ma'am, my friend here would like to speak to me." "How may I be able to speak to her more privately?" He asks. "If you just go to the back kind of where the bathrooms are, there should be enough room for you two to talk but you have limited time since we would like you safely seated in your seats with your seat belts on." She says. "Whoa that was a huge tongue twister." I say out loud. "Alright thank you ma'am." "Now my friend, may we talk?" He asks. I just roll my eyes and carefully get to the middle of the row without waking Danielle.

The guard and I start walking to the back where the room is located. Before we leave I give Ben this look that says "help me." He just looks at me with sympathy. We reach the room and I'm going to be dreading our conversation. We walk in and there's curtains replacing a door. He doesn't say anything but he closes them. He takes off his sunglasses and looks at me." "Skylar do you know that you ar-" he tries to finish but I interrupt him. "How do you know my name?" I ask with no expression. "I'm Servilla's personal defender." He says.

"Who's Servilla?" I ask. "The woman trying to hunt you down." He says without any expression. "And your....your her body guard?" I ask. "Her personal defender." He says. "Yeah yeah same thing." "Alright but please call me her personal defender." He says. I think, Servilla is grumpy cat. "Alright, alright got it." I say annoyed. "Well miss I'm supposed to hunt you down and bring you to Servilla." He says. "No please don't listen can we make some sort of agreement?" I ask. "Miss would you stop please?" He say. "Yes now state the facts." I demand. "I'm here to join you." He says.

I start laughing a little. "What's so funny?" He asks. "You really think I'm going to trust you after you said that your her "personal defender"?" I say. "Well yes, I know it's a little hard to trust me at first but I am one of you." He says. "You know what forget it." I say opening the curtains by before I have time to do that he grabs me. He wraps his hands around my neck. "You will let me in!" He demands choking me. I use ever bit of energy in me to hit, kick, and scratch him but it's useless everything starts to go black. The last thing I see is another body entering the room.