Chapter 19

This is Margret (Skylars mom)⬆️

"Mom!" I scream and wrap my arms around her. "Hi honey." She whispers into my ear. I start to cry. I really am dead. "I'm sorry mom." I say sobbing into her shoulder. "Sorry for what baby?" "I wasn't there fast enough, I should've saved you from the fire then you got sick and it was because of the fire and-" I couldn't finish. "Honey it's not your fault." She says and she looking up. "What what is it?" She looked at me and smiled. "Your going back....goodbye honey." She says giving me one last hug.

I wake up to have someone's mouth on mine. I hurry and sit up. I look around and everyone on the plane is staring at me and the it was Ben who was giving me mouth to mouth. Bens eyes fill with tears. "What? What is it?" I ask. "Two minutes ago you were dead! Your heart stopped! You had no pulse!" He said trying not to cry. I wrap my arms around him and pull him into a hug. It's okay I'm here and I'm alive." I say trying to cheer him up. "I'm never leaving you again." He said with tears in his eyes. Then I think to myself how scary that moment was. I was actually dead. I saw my mother.

"I saw my mom." I say to him with tears in my eyes. "You did?" "Yes!" "I actually died." I finish. "We have to go to her funeral!" Danielle when is the funeral?" I ask. "Tomorrow." "We're going to the funeral even if it takes a month I have to do this.....for my mom." I say with guilt in me. I should've gone in there and saved her. "Okay." Danielle says putting a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you." I say starting to haul my eyes out and she pulls me into a hug. I'm so grateful that she's my shoulder to cry on. Ben comes into the hug too. Why don't I buy the tickets and maybe Ben can go find them while we look at flights. "Yeah that sounds great." I say wiping my tears.

But then I remember. The future Skylar told me to stay with Ben. Then that's what I have to do. "No." "No?" "Yes." "Okay....wait what?" Ben finishes the conversation. "I can't leave you." I say. "I know it's a little hard but we are going to have to separate at some time." Ben says. "No Ben you don't understand.....it's not that I don't want to leave you it's that I can't leave you." I say. "Why can't you leave me?" Ben asks. "It was when I died." I say looking down at the ground. "I don't understand." "What happened?" Danielle asks.

I tell them the whole story. How I woke up in a hospital, how I saw me from the future, how I saw my mother, the whole story. "Wow." Ben says. "I know......and I know it sounds crazy but Ben it wasn't just a silly dream it felt real." I say. "I know but what if it was just a silly thought or daydream?" "It wasn't." "How can you-" he starts but I interrupt him. "I know. That's how." I say pressing my finger to his mouth. "Okay.......I guess you're going to have to come with me then." He says. "I know it sounds crazy but I feel like if you leave and you never come back....then it'd be all my fault and I'd never forgive myself." I tell him.

"I get it it's okay." He says putting his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. He's so tall that he rests his head on top of mine. I listen to his heartbeat and it soothes me. What soothes me even more is that he gently pets my hair with his hand. I wish it could stay like this forever. He releases me. "I'm booking a flight you two go and find Jade." She says handing us her journal. "No." I say. "No?" "Yes." "Oh for crying out loud why not!" Ben shouts like he's mad enough. I giggle a little bit just because of how ticked off he got. "Look I'm sorry just lets not repeat the process." He says taking in a deep breathe. "Got it grumpy cat." I say smiling and he looks at me. "Sorry." I say almost in a whisper.

"Okay why not?" Danielle asks. "Because future Skylar said to watch everyone and not to split up." I say with a confident look on my face. "Okay fine I guess I can come with you guys." She says. "The next flight leaves in.....four hours and it takes about seven hours to get there and it's seven in the morning so we should arrive somewhere around six tonight." Danielle says. "Alright it sounds good." I say as we grab our luggage and head to the curb. "Taxi!" Ben calls and one comes around. "Where to?" The driver asks. "Where is Jade right now?" I ask Danielle. "She's luckily in town." She says with a smile. "She's in an apartment building just around the corner." She says pointing in a direction but you can't see anything since it says she's about a mile away.

The driver steps on the pedal and we get there in about five minutes. "That's two dollars and eighth cents." He says reaching his hand out for the money. "Here you go." Danielle says handing over the money with a smile. "Have a good day." He says and drives away. Danielle looks at her phone. "Building 407." "Watch for building 407." Danielle says. Almost immediately Ben yells "Found it!" We walk up to the door and Ben knocks. We wait about ten seconds until someone opens the door. She has black hair with light blue eyes and tattoos and piercings everywhere.

"Can I help you?" She asks. "Jade Hughes we've been looking for you."