Chapter 17

This is Danielle ⬆️

"Thank you." I say but not really meaning it. He was such a jerk I mean maybe you can ask who we were but you shouldn't just shove us out! "I'm Diego." He says reaching his hand out to me but I don't pull my hand forward to shake his so he just moves his hand over to Danielle to shake her hand. "Look I'm sorry for being rude I didn't know you were friends of my wife." He said. "Well you should've." I say with attitude and he comes launching into me and we both stumble to the ground. He pins me down.

"I didn't know!" He shouts and me while he crushes me. "Got off of her!" Ben shouts. I wheeze for air but it doesn't come easy. Ben finally shoves him off of me and holds him up to the wall. "Leave her alone!" He shouts back at Diego. He squirms and tries to fight his way out but Ben is too strong. Janelle rushes to Ben and tries to grab his arms to let him down but it doesn't work. "Ben please just put him down." Danielle says calmly. Ben completely drops him making him belly flop onto the floor.  "Fine." I rush over to Ben and hide behind him in case Diego launches back at me.

Diego gets up and looks at Ben. "Too strong for me huh?" He says in his Hispanic accent. He has tan skin and has black shaggy hair a mustache and is growing a little bit of hair under his lip he also bad dark brown eyes. "So you like to fight?" He asks. Jeese this guy is creepy and the questions he's asking Ben are getting a little sketchy. I walk and put myself in front of Ben in case he does launch at Ben too. I rather have him hurt me than Ben. "No I don't." Ben says. Diego chuckles a little bit. "So Janelle is your wife?" Danielle asks to hurry and change the subject. "Don't change the subject!" He yells at her. "You know what be quiet she's trying to break up the fight and your getting too cocky!" I yell back at Diego.

He again launches himself at me but I punch him in the face and he drops to the floor. I look at Janelle with a look of guilt because I sort of feel bad that we're "picking" on her husband but his guy is a phyco path. "Diego they mean no harm." Janelle says helping him up. His hand runs the pink mark on his face from where I punched him and he looks at me. "Well they obviously do since they're attacking me." He says. "Okay we're wasting time!" "Janelle we need you and Diego to find another expired." I say.

"Alright sounds like a plan." She says giving me a little smile. I don't do anything back but I grab Danielle's journal and look through it. I flip to the page with all of the expired members and where they wanted to go. "Alright you guys need to find Andre." "That should be easy though since he should be in Hawaii." I say pointing to a spot on the map. "It said he wanted to go to Maui." "So go to Maui and ask to find Andre Aulani." I say. "Ben Danielle and I will go look for.....Jade Hughes." "And she's located in......New York, New York." I finish.

Everyone nods. "Alright everybody buy the tickets now. They're not that expensive." Danielle says. "Janelle can you take us to the airport? Ben asks. "Of course just load the car with your luggage." Janelle says opening her front door. About an hour later we finally arrive at the airport. "Thanks for the ride!" Ben says waving goodbye. "No problem!" "Your welcome." Janelle and Diego finish and they drive away. "Are you okay?" Ben asks me. "Yeah I'm fine...just Diego is a lot to take in." I say. "I know he is but if he tries to touch you again I'll protect you." He says grabbing my hand. I smile and him and grip his hand a little tighter. "I....." Ben trails off. "You what?" "Never mind." "Okay?" I finish.

We get to the front desk and have our tickets scanned. We walk up to the metal detector and I start to freak out. "Stop!" I yell at Ben and Danielle. "What is it?" Danielle asks. "The weapons." I whisper. "Just do the same thing." Ben says calmly. "Okay." I reply. Danielle walks past the metal detectors and all of the guards freak out. "Ma'am, ma'am, ma'am!" They all shout running toward her. "My heart burns." She says and then dramatically collapses to the ground. All of the guards are distracted to its our time to shine. I look and Ben and nod my head once and he does the same.

He presses the button turning it off and I run past and he hands me his bag and then turns it back on and walks past. We run up to Danielle and are pushed by the guards. "Our flight is about to leave!" "My grandma needs to wake up. Is there anything you can do to save her fast?" I ask in a panicked voice. They get those two shocker things and right before they put them to her chest her eyes fly open. "What happned?" She asks and we run to her. "Grandma, I'm glad your okay but we have to go." I say. She just nods and gets right back on her feet.

"Oh yes the flights about to leave." "Open the doors!" One of the guards demands. We get onto the plane and lay back in our seats. "Are you ready to go to New York?" I ask both of them. "Yes." They both reply. I smile at Ben and he smiles back. He leans over to me and puckers his lips to kiss me and I kiss him. "Enough you two! Seriously get a room!" Danielle says in a playful voice and then punches my arm lightly. "Okay, okay we're sorry." I say. "It's okay I was just kidding." She says giving me a small smile. I look over at Ben and he opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"Ben just get it out." I say. "Are you sure?" "Positive." "Promise?" "Yes." "Absolutely posti-" "YES JUST SAY IT!" I finish off by yelling. "I love you."