Chapter 29

This is Ava⬆️

Authors note: Hey everyone so from now on I've decided that every Monday I will release a new chapter of Expired. I'm doing this because I have an idea. I have been inspired and have thought about writing another book while writing this one. I know, I know it's going to be a little hard but now I'll be on a new schedule. Also please comment on if you think it's a good idea and what you think my new book should be about. Also don't forget to vote and comment to get Expired to the top! Thanks readers enjoy!

I turn my head away from the kitchen and run to tell Ben. He's in the bedroom Elspeth assigned him to sleep in tonight. I run as fast as I can and once I reach his room I slam the door shut behind me. He jumps a little. "You nearly gave me a heart atta-" "Shhhhhhh!" I interrupt him. "What is it?" He whispers. I sit down next to him on the bed. "You'll never believe what I just heard Dani and Elspeth say in the kitchen."

"What is it?" "We're not the only ones Expired." I say. "Yeah I know so are Dani, Jade, Alice, Thom-" "No I mean everyone is Expired." I interrupt him. There's a pause of silence. "So your telling me everybody on this planet Earth is Expired?" He asks like I'm stupid. "I know it sounds crazy but I heard them talking about it!" I say. "So what exactly did they say?" "I don't remember like word by word what they said but it was a lot." "Okay so just say all that you remember."

"Okay, so we have that date on our arm right? Our Expiration date. And we think that 'Oh I was born with this magical date on my arm that just scientifically knows when I'm going to die!' But, that's not the case. When we're born which is most of the time in a hospital. The nurses and doctors put that date on our arm with sort of like tattoo ink that just stays there forever. So when we go to school and go to stores things like that they see our date! So they see our date they know when we're supposed to die.......we don't just randomly die Ben,..........they kill us purposely." I finish the end of it in almost a whisper.

Ben just stares at a wall for a minute trying to take in the new information. "That's....terrible." He says. "I know and we need to stop whoever has been doing this to us our whole life!" I say. "Except how do they get that date?" "I don't know they just made a random date for whenever they feel like that person should die."    I say. "That's terrible we need to stop this! Let's go tell Jade." He says standing up. "No!" I say grabbing his arms and sitting him down again. "Why not?" "Because I feel like this should just stay between us......and when Danielle and Elspeth decide to tell us.....whether it's right away or if it's in a year, I want to see if they'd keep this big secret from us and how long they'd do that." I say.

Ben looks at me for a moment. His eyes lock with mine. I give him this look that says 'please keep this between us' and I make my lip quiver a little bit. "Alright.....fine but, what do we say when they decide to tell us?" "Let's say they tell us next month then say something like 'Yeah I know' and then if they say 'How do you know?' Just say like 'I heard you just talking about it in the kitchen that day we stayed at Elspeth's house' Okay?" I ask. He nods his head like he doesn't know if it's right. "It's okay Ben, don't feel bad." I say grabbing his hand.

He says nothing but he starts to come closer to me and eventually brings his lips to mine. "I love you." He says with a little smile. "Not as much as I do." I say chucking a little bit. "Hey that's my line." He says laughing with me. We just smile at each other for a moment. "Okay now we need to pretend like this never happened like we never knew about it until they confront us." I say. He nods and we walk out of his room and into the living room. We sit down on the couch and immediately, Elspeth and Dani walk out of the kitchen.

"There's something we need to tell you all." Dani says. "What is it?" Jade asks walking out of her bedroom and sitting by us on the couch. I lay on Ben and grab his hand. He puts his other arm around me and says "Yeah, what do you need to tell us." "Well we just discovered something really big." Elspeth says. Ava comes running from the hallway and practically jumps on the couch. I look at Ava. She's a pretty cute little thing with blonde almost brown wavy locks fall perfectly around her head. Her dark brown eyes. She's like a tiny angel. Ben all of a sudden squeezed my hand like he wants me to look at something.