Chapter 31

This is Skylar's dad⬆️

"Daddy?" I ask.

"Come here!" He says enthusiastically and opens out his arms to give me a hug. I don't go towards him to give him a hug. I thought he was dead and then he thinks he can just show up, aim a gun at my head, he violently grabbed me many times, he kidnapped me and then he randomly thinks I'll just hug him or forgive him.

"Are you going to give me a hug?" He asks with his his arms out still ready to hug me. "No." I say my voice cold and quiet. "Why not." He pulls his arms back to his body. "You think I'd just give you a hug and just forget about hmm lets see you aimed a gun at my head, you've grabbed me violently, you've threatened me, you've kidnapped me and you think I'd give you a hug?" I yell. He looks at me with a blank look. "I guess your right." He says in a quiet voice and looks at the floor. "I just missed you over the years." "Yeah what happened to you I thought you were dead!" I screamed. "Calm down Sky." He says. That's why I hate it when Ben calls me that because it reminded me of my dad.

I loved my dad but after he died I was so sad. I didn't really talk to anyone or do anything during that year. And now he's standing in front of me. "Keep yourself together Skylar. It's okay." He says trying to comfort me as tears went down my cheeks. "I can't keep myself together!" I screamed and started to ball my eyes out. I miss Ben I wish he were here right now to actually comfort me because dad is doing such a good job at it! "Why did you kidnap me in the first place?" I scream. "Because I noticed things about you that I remembered before." He said putting his hand under my chin. He wipes away my tears with his thumb as he gently grabs my chin.

"I knew it was you. Once I noticed your mothers eyes, my nose, your own smile I just knew it was you. And I didn't know who you were with but now I know from the chair."
He said. "I just don't understand why you had to put me in that chair and have people cut my cheek and viciously grab me like you did." I said starting to calm myself down a little. I need to keep my sanity.

That chair was for the Expired people and we had to check if your one of them. They're very bad people and you need to stay away from them. Understand?" He asked. I shake my head. "No." I said quietly. "Why won't you do anything I tell you Sky?" He asked. "Isn't it obvious? I thought you were dead! Everyone else thought so to and then it's just 'okay Skylar let's viciously grab you after all these years!' And you think I am just going to let you be my dad again!" I yell. "I know and I'm sorry but why won't you accept this?" He asks. "Because your pathetic!" I scream.

There's a moment of silence until he speaks again. "Look Sky I'm sorry I really am......is there anything I can do to make it better?" He asks. "Yes." "What is it?" "Take me back to Ben and Danielle and the others." I say. I don't know why but all of a sudden my hand starts to hurt again. I can definitely tell that that some of my fingers are broken and there's still dry blood all of it. "Alright.....we'll go in the morning." "No." "No?" "We're going now." I demand. "You don't understand if people catch us out there we're toast." "I don't care take me home now!" He covers my mouth with his hand. "Shhhh!" He shushes me and I'm getting really ticked off.

I shove his hand off. "We're going now!" I say. And stand up. He pulls me down and covers my mouth again. "I'm dead serious! Do not say another word." He whispers. I shove his hand off again. "Why? You think there are people hunting you down? Guess what your not that special! Especially when you lie to people!" I scream at his face. He tackles me to the floor. He puts his hand over my mouth and shushes me one more time. I squeal into his hand in pain. When he tackled me he took down the back of my head that I hit when Ben grabbed my ankles and pulled me down to the street.

The door slams open and a mean looking man stands in the doorway. He rad red hair that goes down to his shoulders, he has evil black eyes, and is wearing a leather jacket, jeans. And leather boots. Then there's another guy. He's got brown hair with green eyes and is also mean looking. He's wearing the same thing as the red head but his hair is buzzed. "So uhhhh you guys own this place?" The red head asks. "Dexter you know I don't." Dad says. "I know but I wanted to make sure you knew." He says and punches dad in the face. I cover my mouth with my hands as Dexter and the other guy look at me. I look at them angrily. "Is there a problem?" The other one named Freddy asks. "Yeah." I kick him hard in the thigh.

"There is." I say and attack him. I punch him and kick him as many places as I can. I stop for a moment and he just lays on the ground unconscious. Good thing I kept on my big boots so it must've hurt more. I didn't notice that Dexter was beating the crop out of my dad. I kick Dexter and swing my foot to try and kick his head. Before it hits him in the face he grabs my foot and twists me around and I fall to the ground. He starts beating me with his fists and feet. I defend myself and put my arms and legs in front of my stomach and head to protect myself. I was fighting him and defending myself as great as I can until he kicked me in the head and I started to black out. I tried to remain awake and fight more but I couldn't stop myself.

Before my eyes saw nothing but black I felt Dexter be pulled off of me and heard my father scream. "Don't ever hurt my daughter again!" And then I heard a gunshot.