Chapter 4

I walk up to the grumpy cat. "Haha loser!" I say laughing and trying to rub it in her face. "You little...!" She cuts off and try's to grab me. "Whoa there no need to get physical!" I say. "Well anywho I'm gonna get going but have fun in the bushes!" I say. I wave back back at her and she starts to get loose. Uh oh! She's coming where do I go? What do I do? I just run and look for the nearest location possible. A forrest.

I just keep running until I reach the woods I fall into the grass. I've ran for so long! I can't help it I just collapsed. I look behind me and she's coming closer. Her skin just bleeding from all of the prickly thorns. After I catch my breathe enough I get up and run farther into the forest. It's filled with tall trees and bright green grass. I look up at the closest tallest tree and start to climb. I don't look down I just keep climbing until I reach a big thick branch. I sit on it and look down to see the grumpy nurse looking for me.

Apparently, she didn't see me climb the tree so i should be safe for a while. "You can't hide forever little girl!" She yelled. I'm not afraid of you I'm not afraid of you I'm not afraid of you I think to myself. I can't say it I can't give myself away but she's right. I can't hide forever I need to eventually climb down for food and water. I just lay against the trunk of the tree and catch my breathe again.

After a couple minutes she eventually starts to walk back to the direction from where we came from. I just watch her walk back with a sigh of relief. I watch and make sure she left for good and then I climb down. I start walking through the forest admiring it's beautiful scenery. I feel a small pain in my leg. I look down to see I've just been poked by a stick. I also realized I'm still in a hospital gown. Owe well but soon I might get too cold. When I find a way out of here I'm going to get some new clothes and find my way back home.

After what seems like hours of walking I hear a rustling noise in the bushes. "Hello?" I ask but receive no answer. I slowly walk toward the bush and move a couple leaves and twigs from it to reveal what's hiding underneath. GAAHHHHHHHH! This big body jumped out from the bush at me. Ahhhhhhhh I screamed I didn't even look at what it was I just closed my eyes and tried to catch my breathe after having the wind knocked out of me.

"Please just kill me now okay I'm tired of running and hiding." I say without opening my eyes. "And why would I do that?" a male voice asks. I actually open my eyes this time to find a guy on top of me. He has brown hair and olive skin. He has beautiful green eyes that are full with energy. "Who are you?" I ask. "Why should I tell you?" He asks. "Because your crushing me and we're strangers socializing in the middle of the forest." I say. "Right." He says getting off of me. "The names Ben." "Who are you dollface?" He asks. "Uhhhhhhh thanks....I guess." "I'm Skylar." "Well Skylar what brings you here?" "Oh you know just running away from grumpy nurses trying to kill me." "What about you?" I ask. "What?".

"It's a long story." I say. "I've got time." "Ok well.....soooo." I trail off. What do I do he'll think I'm crazy. Owe well I guess. "So I was in a hospital where I work with my mother." "You're a nurse?" He interrupts. "Yes." "But you look so young." "Yeah well, I'm fifteen." I say. "But how is that even possible." He asks. "Because it's very important that we keep people alive until their expiration date. I say. My expiration date! I look at my arm to see that it's tomorrow.

"Oh right those." "Anyway continue." He says. "Well there was a fire I jumped out of a window to get out, I fell off of a four story building, passed out, was taken to a hospital with a grumpy nurse, I couldn't escape, I had to find my mother, so I jump out of a window and she followed me." I say. "Whoa slow down window jumper." He says. "Window jumper?" "Yeah window jumper." "Why?" "Because you like to jump out of windows apparently." He says. "Anyway so you're asking me if I can help you find your mom?" He asks. "Well, not quite what I was going for but yes help would be great!" I say.

"So what's your story?" I ask and we both get up and start walking in a direction. Apparently he knows where it is. "Just exploring." "I didn't know you explore bushes." I say. "I thought you were someone else." He says shyly. "So who's this person you need to hide from?" I ask. "I don't know just a hunter I guess...." He says. Hmmmmm I just sit there and ponder. "So do you know where I live?" I ask. "Nope." "I live in Riverland." I say. "Oh that's a long way from here!" He says and starts to chuckle. "What's so funny?" I ask. "How did you get from there to here?" He asked full out laughing this time.

"I don't know I passed out after the fire and woke up in grumpy cats hospital." I say. "Well, lucky for you I know where we're going." He says pulling out a compass. Ooooooo going all old style on me huh." I say chucking a little. "Hey, these things are life savers, as an explorer these help you so much." He says. I laugh a little bit but inside I'm not happy at all. All I can think about is my mother. If I could send her a message it would say "I'm coming back for you.".