Chapter 2

"Your.......your arm.....your date....it...it" I trail. "Yes I know I'm expired." She said. "How are you still alive?" I asked. "I don't know only very special people are like this." She finished. "And you my dear are one of those people." She said.

"But I don't understand I'm not even passed my expiration date my expiration date is...." I say as I look at my arm. "You're due next week." She says. "But I'm only fifteen I'm so young how could I be." "Because you're special." She interrupted. "May I see your arm?" I ask. "Yes of course." Danielle says revealing her arm.

2-7-11 I just stare at her arm for a minute. "Was this 2011 or 1911 or... I trail off. "2011." "But I'm still so confused why is my date next week and how did you live longer than yours?" I ask. "I don't know why your one of them but all I know is that you are one of them." She says. I look at my arm and the date says 4-27-16. I'm so confused why would I die at this age I'm very young. I think to myself . Then I hear a noise. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

It's someone's room I need to go to. "Sorry Danielle I have to go take care of another patient for a moment....but you'll be okay for a little while?" "Yes I'll be fine just make sure you come back soon." "Okay I will." I say and walk out of the room. Room 36 has a sign that glows meaning I need to go see that patient. I walk in the room and there's an old man sleeping on his bed. His name is Bruce.

"Bruce.....Bruce....are you awake" I whisper and tap Bruce. "Huh what....what happened?" "It's okay Bruce you just fell asleep that's all." "Oh...........ok!" He says happily and shows me a smile. I smile back and ask "How did you sleep?" "I slept pretty good!" "Would you like some breakfast?" "I would love some breakfast!" He says cheerfully. I smile at him and leave his room. I head toward the cafeteria to grab his food then I hear the really loud noise. BEEP! BEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

It goes on and on and on. "The fire alarm!" I whisper to myself. The cafeteria door closes behind me and I look around the room for windows or other doors. There wasn't any so I ran to the door I came in from and just hit my fist against it and screamed to let me out. "Help! Help! Somebody please let me out!" It didn't do anything. I kicked and punched and nothing did it. Think think think. I thought to myself. I look around and see a big thing on wheels that holds vegetables, fruits, and salad. I run toward it and push it to the door. It doesn't work but I keep pushing it into the door. Then I get an idea.

I push the cart back with me all the way to the bar where you get your food and I have the cart in front of me. "One.....two......three!" I count and push the cart at the door. This time it actually broke the door open! I look around me and there is fire all around and no escape. Except for the window. I look at the Window step back a little and start running. I jump out the window with a bunch of glass breaking into shards and cutting my skin.

Ouch that really hurt! First glass cutting through my skin then I fall four stories onto the grass. I had the wind kicked it of me for a second. I got up and walked over to a big group of nurses patients and visitors in one big circle. I look for my mom through the crowd and I have trouble finding her. I keep looking everywhere and ask anyone if they've seen her.

"Excuse me, have you seen Margret Peterson?" I say tapping on a nurses shoulder to ask her. "Oh yes I think she went in to find her daughter who didn't escape." She said. "Oh no!" I scream running back to the building. Then a couple pair of arms grab me. "Oh no your not going back into that building it's very dangerous." A voice says. I look back and it's a bunch of fireman.

"But my mother is still in there!" I yell at them. "We don't care we'll find her." One of them says. "Her name is Margret Peterson....please find her immediately." I say worried. "We'll try our best but ma'am you need to sit down your coughing, you have blood all over you and you have soot all over you." He says. "I'm fine just please find her as soon as possible." I say. "Alright team lets move in!" One yells and they run inside with a hose.

I worry inside about my mother I love her so much and I would hate to lose her I like I lost my sister Sabrina who died two years ago. She would work with me and my mother all day and help patients just like I do. She was sixteen at the time and I was thirteen. We were going to the supermarket to buy groceries when all of a sudden the old folks home next store caught on fire. She ran inside to save some of the patients but when the fire was put out there were no signs of her. I miss her so much to this day, she was a great example to me.

I waited for about 20 minutes until they came out. The second they came out holding a couple people over there back relief flew through my veins. I ran up to one of them and asked "Have you seen Margret Peterson?" "I heard her name but I didn't find her maybe one of the other guys did." "Oh ok thanks." I said. I walked up to almost every firefighter until I walked up to the last one. "Excuse me sir, have you seen Margret Peterson?" "Actually I did." He said. "Oh my goodness thank you so much where is she?" I said in relief. "I'm sorry miss but unfortunately we lost her."