She's Penelope Miller

Start from the beginning

"What grade would you be in?"

I winced again as she pulled out a shard of glass as big as my thumb nail. "I'd be in college. Probably close to graduating by now, if not done...just like my dad. But, she wants me to have a normal teen life... Yeah right..."

"I know that feeling. I was usually ahead of everyone. But not in enough classes to just skip, they pulled me out for AP math. That didn't go over well with kids. High School sucks."

"Ha! You don't know the half of it!"

"I'm going to get some gauze pads and medical tape for you. And do you have any shoes?"

"No I left the house too quickly. Hence the Elmo pajamas."

She smirked. "Okay." Once she finished with my feet she said. "I know who she really is... I recognized her right away... You're really her daughter? Tony Stark's?"

I stared at her. "You think she's Pepper Stark? I mean she gets that a lot, but you've seen her ID."

Carla laughed, "Okay, miss miller, if you say so."

"You better keep your wild ass thoughts to yourself."

"The secret's safe with me," she said closing the door.

I walked back to mom and sat beside her again. "You'll be okay... You'll wake up... Everything will go back to normal. We can pay for anything you need, so this won't be long... Please say something..." I took her hand. I already missed her voice... "You'll be okay..." My phone beeped but I left it in my pocket, that is until it started ringing.

YOUSTUPID FUCKING WHOOOORRE--

I answered it quickly, "Abi...hey."

"What's up? You never got back to me. It's been three hours, you usually don't do that."

"My mom got in a car accident. Dad and I got here but they only let Penelope Miller's family back so dad couldn't come back with me... It's really bad, Abs...really bad... She's in a coma, and broke bones in her spine and other places, there's a tube coming out of her mouth and her face is covered in bruises, I can't even see the rest of her skin because it's covered in casts and gauze."

There was a long pause at the other end of the phone. "Toni, you shouldn't be there alone... Pepper will be okay if she's alone until you can figure out how to get your dad back there--"

"No! I'm not leaving her! ...she wouldn't leave me."

"Toni, she wouldn't want you there alone. Now have your dad drop you off at my place or I could come to your house, but you aren't staying there right now."

"I have to Abs..." I said on the verge of tears again. "I can't leave her here alone."

"The doctors will take care of her, babe, I promise. You need to step away for a minute."

"B--"

"No. Get up. Get up right now and walk down the hall to your dad, I'm on my way to your house."

"B--okay..." I hung up.. "I love you, mom, I'll be back tomorrow, and I'll figure out how to get dad back here. I promise." I stood up and walked out of the room, down the hall and to dad who was still arguing to be let back. I took his hand and pulled him outside before I said anything, "She isn't good. Abi wants me to go home."

"Toni, stop walking for a second." I did and he put his hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"No. Now can we go home?"

"Toni, I'm not good with knowing what you need, you know that. So would you please tell me how to help you?"

"You can't... Just take me home...please."