Wedding Planner

*Mark's POV*

Mark sat, anxiously waiting Jack's return, on the couch. He couldn't figure out what the surprise could be. But that wasn't the only thing on his mind. That wasn't the only thing making him anxious. Since the New Year's visit to Jack's family, Mark had one thing on his mind; the wedding. When Jack was in the kitchen, drinking with his dad and brothers, his mom spoke to Mark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mark, can I talk ta ya for a minute?" Florrie, Jack's mom, asked the American.

"Yeah, of course." Mark said with a small smile. The older Irish woman sat down next to the, now, blue haired man.

"You really love me baby boy, don't ya?" She asked softly, a slight slur to her words.

"Yes. I love him so much with all that I am. That's why I want to marry him. That's why I wanted us to come visit for this occasion. I really do love him and want to be with him, so bad." Mark answered honestly.

"Then I think you two should get married this New Year." Florrie said with a smile. The American thought the Irish woman was only saying that because she was drunk, so he went with it.

"Maybe...I'll talk to Sean about it in the morning." Mark said. He didn't know if he really would. If she was just saying that because she was drunk, he didn't want to start plans without her actual consent. Not only was he scared to get married, but he knew that Florrie wasn't too fond of the plan after Mark had his stroke.

The night went on. Mark chatted with Val, Malcolm's wife, along with Malcolm's son and daughter, Dylan and Pearl, while everyone else partied and drank. Malcolm didn't seem to have drank too much and came to join in the conversation after a little. "Ye might wanna be careful; Jack might be very messed up by the end of the night. Might want to take him to bed soon. What ya do to sober him up before sleep, is yer decision and I don't want to know what that happens ta be. Jus' a forewarning." Malcolm explained to the American.

"Fuck...alright, thanks for the warning." Mark said softly. Maybe he shouldn't have told Jack to go drink. "If you don't mind me asking, why don't you drink much? You seem to be one of the only people in this family that doesn't drink too much." Malcolm chuckled at the question.

"I, um, had a really bad time and struggled through an addiction to alcohol. It made me a bad person, but now I just don't at all."

"I...you weren't drinking while you were in there?"

"I was drinking water. No alcohol. I don't want ta give in again after how hard it was for me to quit. I fucked up me life with that. In fact, if it weren't for Dylan and Pearl, I probably would have killed meself a few years ago."

"Oh...well it's good you stopped then."

"What's up wit yer doctor sayin' if you drink you'll die?"

"Oh, um, some portion of the population of Koreans doesn't have this enzyme that breaks down alcohol, so they can barely drink anyway because they physically cannot process it. I happen to be in that portion of the population even though I am only half Korean. Well, after I had my stroke, I was having a beer with friends back home. It ended with me being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. I had a minor heart attack. The doctor said I'm completely healthy, but I could no longer drink. If I drink I will die, so no more drinking for me. Not like I need to. I can have fun without drinking."

"Yer right, ye don't have ta drink ta have fun. Anyway, take care of me brotter please. I tink you're a good man, Mark." Mark smiled at his future brother-in-law.