My Burning Love

Guys.....I'm so sorry.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's POV

"Sean...did you leave the heat on?" Mark asked, tossing in his bed, a line of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Nmmh..?" The younger man rose in bed, out of breath, his sheets covered in perspiration.

"No...but, I'll go check. It's fucking hot as hell in here.."

Jack climbed out of bed, and headed downstairs as Mark got up to open his bedroom window.

As soon as the Irishman arrived downstairs, his bright blue eyes grew wide...now reflecting burning strikes of red and orange. He stood there for a moment, unable to move...standing in red hot shock. Their homestead....place of safety and love....was on fire...

"M-MARK! MARK GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" Jack screamed as he ran for the source of the flames in a panic, not knowing what else to do but to try and put them out.

The fire alarm had failed to go off, and the entire downstairs was burning in flames...Jack dodged his way into the livingroom, where he found a knocked over candle.....completely melted and just burning the charged rug that was once beneath it.The one Jack forgot to blow out....and shit were they lucky to have chosen NOT to sleep on the couch tonight...

Jack knew it was useless to try and put out the roaring flames, his mind wasn't clear, the fire was only growing larger and the blackening clouds of smoke were filling his senses...he started to cough, shielding his face from the heat as he turned back to head upstairs....but...the path was now blocked..a wall of red hot flames was blocking his way up...he instead turned to the front door, but it was to no prevail...he was surrounded...

"Oh f-fuck...!" His voice cracked, spinning around in a circle as he tried to look for a way out..

The flames seeped closer to his feet, making the socks that were covering his toes seem to melt...he backed away as far as he could...struggling to keep his eyes open, they were stinging blood red...the smoke was too thick...he couldn't stop coughing...he only hoped that Mark had heard him...and he was out safely...

The fire singed the hairs on his skin, slightly burning the surface just from the heat...How had they slept through this?! They could have gotten out!

He figured it was because he was so happy to finally be with Mark...and he began to tear up,knowing that it would soon all be taken away...as he fell to the floor..curling up in a ball and heaving his lungs out, his eyes stinging like someone had thrown salt in them....he was trapped...about to be burned alive and consumed by a burning death. He could no longer breathe...choking on smoke as he eyes closed..and surrounded himself in hot darkness.

Mark's POV

"H-HE'S IN THERE! GO! GET HIM OUT! HE'S GONNA DIE!"

"Sir, I need you to calm down, the firefighters are making there way in now...can you tell me your name..?"

"I-It's Mark..."

"Okay Mark...are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine! I wasn't in the fire, I climbed out the window."

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"I-I dunno...uggh...w-we were asleep! It got way too hot and he went downstairs to go check if the heat was on...a-and the next thing I know he was screaming that the house was on fire! And screaming for me to get out! S-So I did...climbing out the window...thinking he'd escape out the door or something and m-meet me out here...B-BUT HE'S TRAPPED IN THERE!"