Chapter 73

APRILS POV

That was so scary, walking through an airport alone. I felt like they were all staring straight at me, like I was an idiot.

Then the boys came out before I had even got to the door, my heart was racing when it happened, I heard Luke call my name but I ignored it and then someone came and helped me.

My phone kept buzzing in my pocket, since we got of the plane but I didn't have time to look at it.

Tapping on the side of my seat in the car I gazed out of the window and admired all the wonderful sights.

There were lights everywhere, more lively and crowded than Australia.

We then hauled around the corner and the man that was driving us spoke,

"Boys. I'm taking you around the back. The front of your hotel doors are crowded" his deep, thick American accent spoke.

"That's alright mate" Jai told him as he spun around the corner and the girls were everywhere outside but luckily they couldn't see us so they didn't know that we were in the car.

We drove around the back which was empty and a small door was being held open by someone who worked there.

We got out and took our suitcases from the boot, and the boys walked in first as I followed behind.

We walked to the check in desk as the screams of the girls were heard from the door.

I was trying to stand far away from the boys as possible but it became so overwhelming as the boys waved to them as I had to be apart from them.

A tear quickly escaped my eye and ran down my cheek I then raced and wiped it with my blanket.

Luke saw me do so as he went to walk over but Beau grabbed him back.

They walked over to the doors and waved to them but obviously couldn't go out as it was a danger.

I raced to the checkout and said to the young woman,

"Sorry I can I have the key for April Maiden and Luke Brooks room please?"

She typed on her computer and she nodded passing me a room pass.

"3rd floor"

I nodded and then asked her to tell them that the key for Luke's room had been taken.

I walked over to the lift and waited for it to open I turned back to look at the boys who was still watching the fans and trying to speak to them through the glass.

I walked in and I was greeted by someone who worked at the hotel carrying someone's luggage.

"Hello" he nodded at me.

"Hello" I said back.

"Wow cool accent. Where are you from?" He asked.

"Australia" I smiled.

"That's my dream to go there"

"It's nice"

It was awkwardly silent for a while but I broke the silence by asking,

"Ehm, where's the pool?" I said swiftly.

"It's on the top floor on floor 20. Well that's where the outside one is. The inside one is on the 8th floor"

"Thanks. I might go swimming on the top floor" I said exited that it was outside on the top of the hotel.

"Isn't it a little late?" He said confused.

"Probably but I've just been on a 14 hour flight and I need something to wake me up. I don't want to sleep yet" I explained.

"Well enjoy it. I'll see you around. My names Craig by the way" he said offering his hand out.

"April" I said as I shook his hand and the doors opened to my floor.

"Bye" I said as he nodded and I dragged my suitcase out and walked along counting the doors trying to find out room number which was 23.

Walking down the long hallway I finally found it.

Floor 3 wasn't that high up but I was looking forward to going to the twentieth floor to experience the sights.

I dragged the key down the slot and the machine turned green and I opened the door.

It was lovely, the beige curtains matched the colour scheme of the room which was dark brown and cream.

I settled my suitcase on the double bed and fished out my bikini.

Because I was self conscience I put a large shirt over the bikini so you couldn't actually see it.

I grabbed a towel and wrote a note to Luke letting him know where I was going.

I then grabbed my key and walked out back over to the elevator.

I pressed the button and when it opened it was empty.

Climbing inside I rested on the mirror and pressed the floor 20 button.

I waited for a while to get up to the floors as it was a way up from floor 3.

When I walked out the night was warm and slightly humid.

My legs seemed to take me to the edge of the building and hold onto the barrier that surrounded so people couldn't fall off.

I looked over and the crowd of girls were still there as I slightly smiled.

I looked up and heard the sound of taxis and cars speeding down the roads.

The stars in the sky sparkled and lit up, the small breeze slowly brushing through my hair I turned around my legs slightly wobbly at the hight I was up at.

I turned back around to the swimming pool and I placed my key and towel on a seat.

Nobody but me was at the pool as it was night, late at night.

I then ran up to the pool and cannonballed in the coldness slightly making my breath race but I then warmed up as the air was warm.

I swam for around twenty minutes and I dived right under gliding my body on the floor as the pool lights glistened, I went up and caught my breath.

I then slightly kicked my feet up and slid back down my hands bringing me along the floor as the blue water brushed past my face.

I wished I could breath under the water.

It was silent and peaceful to swim.

I then got shocked from my thoughts as I felt a pair of hands grab my waist I quickly swam up and gasped for air and span around,

"Having a nice swim?" A very familiar voice asked.

I rubbed my eyes and Luke was smirking his wet hair falling on his face as he shook it and it flicked in my face, I let out a laugh.

"Why aren't you still downstairs?" I said a slight sound of annoyance in my voice, which I didn't mean to but he didn't seem to notice.

"You looked upset?"

I sighed.

"I don't want to be locked up in the hotel for the whole trip. I want to get out and do stuff with you." I told him.

"You will" he laughed slightly, as a piercing smile formed.

He lent forward and made me wrap my legs around his waist, my arms resting around his neck the movement of the water slightly rocked us back and forth. The warmness of the night made it perfect, the gleaming water letting us see each-other. Luke looked up at the sky, and pointed to one in particular.

"I love the stars"

I didn't reply to his statement and tangled my hand in the back of his wet hair as he looked down.

He was smiling, but my face was simply straight.

"Why me?"

"What?" He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Why, why did you kiss me that time, why have you stuck with me I'm such an utter fuck up" I sighed my fingers still knitted into his damp hair.

"April, you're my fuckup"

I watched his eyes glisten.

"And I kissed you that time because you were just so, I- you know what I can't even remember why I kissed you. But you're amazing and you mean a lot to me, OK?" He finished.

I nodded and his hands slightly slid down my back, he then started twirling us around in the water, spinning and spinning as the water ran around our bodies.

Luke then held me tighter and dunked us underneath the water.

As we slowly sunk down, he pulled my face into his hands and kissed me as small air bubbles flew from our mouths,

I wanted to captivate this moment forever. His soft lips felt even softer under water, his thumbs gently pressing into my cheek as he lifted us back up our kiss not broken as he pulled away.

Before laughing and pulling off my body and diving back down as I laughed and followed.

_______________________

Luke chased me down the hallway as I laughed and looked behind, we both had our towels wrapped around us.

I then hit something hard, as I turned my head Beau and the rest of the boys.

Luke laughed behind me, as I slightly chuckled.

"Have you two been, swimming?." He said emphasising the word swimming.

I nodded and grinned.

"It's so late."

"I know"

"Right we have a long day tomorrow Luke. You need to get some rest?." Jai said harshly to Luke.

"Fine." He called behind me.

We then ran past them like little kids to our room as we unlocked it and ran inside.

The room had a sense of comfort and homeliness about it, which I loved already.

We had only been here for two hours and I was enjoying it already, even though I was slightly upset earlier.

"Let's look out of the window." He insisted.

"Don't be stupid. What if they look up?" I told him while going into the bathroom and turning on the shower before walking back out giving it time to warm up.

"Come on please, they won't see us" he said, already rolling down the window.

I sighed and walked over my towel slightly falling down and the long top sticking to my skin. I felt so uncomfortable.

We slightly stuck out heads out of the window and looked down but nobody had looked up to see us, a lot of them had left now and was nearing onto them all going.

"See they're nearly all gone, we can go out tomorrow, we have an interview in the morning so you can come along. It's recorded but you can watch from the other side of the room yeah?"

I nodded and rubbed his back,

"I'm going to have a shower"

"Leave it running for me after"

"Okay."

___________________________

After I was done and Luke was in the shower, I was in my pyjamas and laying above the quilt.

I remembered my phone constantly vibrating in my pocket earlier I went over and got it out of my pocket of my joggers.

I sat back down in bed plugging it into my charger and unlocked it.

I had 5 missed calls from,

What the hell?

My mum.

I didn't even think about calling her back she wasn't going to spoil my night as it had been lovely upstairs in the pool.

I opened my twitter app and tweeted,

New tweet:

In a very special place with some very special people :)

I scrolled down my timeline and read some tweets, I decided to go onto Luke's profile when I saw one of his las tweets.

Which said 'my heart thumps when I'm around you'

My heart thumped reading it,

He walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist and another he was drying his hair with.

"You alright?" He said not even looking at me walking over to the window and shutting it from earlier and drawing the curtains.

He looked at me and sighed he looked exhausted he turned the main lights off and left the small lamps next to us on the bedside cabinet.

I got up and pulled the covers back as Luke came around the other side and slammed down into the mattress.

I lay down and pulled the sheets over us as he turned his lamp off as mine kept the room warmly dim.

"I would fuck you right now but I'm so tired" he joked.

I playfully hit his arm, and rolled over turning my lamp off.

I felt his arms drag me down to him and he wrapped his arms around me; sighing as he did so.

"Night"

"Night"