𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

𝐸𝐿𝐸𝐴𝑁𝑂𝑅 𝑊𝐻𝐼𝑇𝐸𝐻𝐴𝐿𝐿━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Once the news had sunk in, George became excited. Today, we were going for our first scan. "Ms Whitehall?" The doctor called out. George and I walked in quickly. "Is this the father?" She asked, setting up the monitor.

"Yes," I nodded, holding onto George's hand.

"If you'd like to lift your shirt up a little, we can get started," I did as I was told. There wasn't a big bump yet, but if you look closely you can see a slight bump. The doctor put the cold, jelly-like substance on my flat tummy and looked at the screen.

After a minute, she stood up. "Hold on a minute," she walked out of the room, then a few minutes later she came back with a male doctor. "I can't seem to find a heartbeat," she explained to the doctor.

"What?" I said, getting up, but only getting pushed down again.

"Stay still please," the female doctor instructed.

A few minutes later, the male doctor spoke again. "I'm sorry, but you've sadly had a miscarriage,"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as reality sunk in. My first child, gone, just like that. I looked at George and his eyes were glistening. I've never seen him cry before. "Excuse me," George let go of my hand and ran out of the room.

"Is this your first child?" The female doctor asked.

I nodded while she took the gel off my stomach. "George!" I called, running after him. He sat down on the pavement, his head in his hands. "George,"

"I was actually looking forward to having a child with you. You're my world, I love you so much. And now that's all been taken away from us."

I hugged him. "We can try again. Maybe not just yet because we are still young. I'm nineteen years old, you're twenty-one. In a few years, I promise you, we will try again," I told him, holding him close.