01

ELEANOR WHITEHALL
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I walked into the ice rink with my best friend, Ashley. We were going to go ice skating because we had graduated from college and wanted to celebrate.

We went up to the front desk and told the man at the desk our shoe sizes. He handed over our shoes and we sat on a bench to tie them up. Then the two of us slowly walked onto the ice, making sure we didn't slip.

We skated for about half an hour before I crashed into someone, making me fall onto the floor. Ashley started laughing and I shot her a death glare, making her shut up. I looked up and saw George Shelley from Union J. My mouth dropped, but I quickly closed it.

"Sorry," George said. He held his hand out to me and kindly pulled me up. I almost slipped again but he caught me in time.

"Oh, it's fine," I smiled. We looked at each other; his beautiful brown eyes connecting with mine. I tore my eyes away from his as Josh glided up towards us. I almost had a little fangirl moment as I was in front of 2/4 of Union J!

"George is mine," she whispered harshly as George and I still stared into each other's eyes.

Where did this come from? She always told me that she liked Josh... "Since when were we dating?" I skated off, annoyed at her sudden burst of jealousy.

After my ice skating time was up, I handed the skates back. I didn't even bother waiting for Ashley because I'm annoyed at her for that sudden outburst. George and I weren't even together!

I walked, wait...make that stormed, out of the ice rink. But with me and my clumsiness, I crashed into someone. Again. I looked up to see his big, brown, puppy dog eyes.

"Why is it when we always meet we crash into each other?" George laughed. "I never got your name?"

"Eleanor-Mae Whitehall, but call me whatever Eleanor, Ellie, Mae, anything you want. And don't worry about your name. I know who you are, George!" I giggled.

"So you watch X-Factor then?" He asked.

"Of course I do! You and the boys are so good. I vote for you every week, so you can hopefully win," I smiled.

He smiled back at me, his eyes sparkling. "So, do you want to come to have some lunch with me and Josh?" He asked just as Josh appeared next to him.

"I don't want to intrude," I replied.

"Honestly, it's fine," George looked at Josh and he nodded. "Come on!" He grabbed my hand and I felt sparks. I haven't had a boyfriend in four years. Maybe this could be the start of something...

We started walking and there was an awkward silence, so I decided to break it. "So, how are you guys doing in the X-Factor?"

"Well, we're through to the finals next week," George said.

We arrived at the fast-food shop and started eating. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you and your friend?" Josh asked.

"Well, we have our favourites in your band. She liked you and mine is George. But then she told me that George belongs to her and to stay away from you. That's why I said we're not even dating and then skated off," I picked at my fries as I took a sip of my soda.

"Not to be rude, but she seems stuck up and thinks that she's everything," George admitted.

"She does...but she's really pretty. That just makes her ugly," Josh said.

"That's what everyone says..." I mumbled. I looked down at my arm, seeing all the pain she has caused me for as long as I can remember. George was about to say something until I saw Ashley smirking evilly. I had no idea what she had planned, but let's just say I was terrified...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Note: This has been edited but I just want to let you know that this book moves extremely quickly. this was my first ever fanfiction, which I wrote when I was fourteen years old so please excuse that. my other books are a lot better now!
- 𝒜𝒢 ♡