Not allowing that to put any sort of damper to my already screwed up mood, I walked into the hallway and went to the toilet. I brushed my teeth, after finding my toothbrush hadn't been moved from the usual spot I always put it at. I washed my face, finding all my face products under the sink in my own separate basket.

I didn't take a shower, mainly because I wasn't going to spend any minute longer in the house if I could avoid it.

I went back into my bedroom and pulled on some leggings before heading downstairs. Even though I skipped the shower, skipping breakfast was impossible. Firstly because, as soon as I came down the stairs, my Mother already had my plate down and she glanced up when I feet hit the ground. "Good timing, come sit."

And secondly, I was starving.

I followed her instructions and dragged my feet to the dining table. I sat down and looked down at my plate. A full stack of pancakes, with honey drizzled on top and one strawberry placed on top. To the side, there was some crispy turkey bacon and one poached egg.

I felt a small stab in my stomach upon realising that, my Mother had made my all time favourite breakfast. Even if it was done on purpose, which I highly doubted because she just found out I was here, this breakfast was only made on special occasions such as my birthday.

I didn't say anything and just grabbed my fork and started wolfing down the food. I heard her sit down as well but I didn't bother lifting my head up from the plate.

"Your Father will be here-"

Not soon enough, the man himself came into the dining room. He silently came to the table and seated himself by the head. He had his own plate, and just because I still hadn't fallen out from my routine, I looked up at him.

His eyes weren't on me and I watched, quite shocking as he lifted up his fork and ate his breakfast. Surely any father would have said something if their daughter just returned home.

It was awkwardly silent and I just gave up searching for something between my parents and myself, searching for one ounce of relationship between us. I knew nothing was there but why did I always go looking for it?

When I downed the last sip of my orange juice, I exhaled through my nose and put my fork down. Without saying a word, I got up from my chair and headed up to my bedroom.

And went straight to my closet. I grabbed a massive duffle bag that I had tucked away for when I slept over at Versa's place and started throwing all of my clothes in there. Not much could fit so I stopped throwing all sorts in the bag and sat down by floor of my closet.

I had to organise, take what I needed and when I moved away, somewhere near the beach, I'll buy myself appropriate clothes. Before I could begin, my phone started ringing on the nightstand.

Pushing myself to my feet, I shorted the distance with a few strides to my nightstand and reached for my phone.

It was Versa calling. "Hey," I greeted.

"Girl," was her own greeting and I could already hear what she was saying in her voice. That one syllable prepared me for what was coming. "I'm coming over."

Shit. She doesn't know I'm back here. "Versa, I'm not a Palmer's." I told her quickly.

"I know," she said. "I'm coming to your house. See you in five." She hung up before I could get another word in.