CoNnOr - 4/5/6/7k special 2/3

Start from the beginning

"Because we're the good guys," you said.

"And that's what we do," Connor finished for you.

Jamie nodded, though still seemed a little uncertain. In fact, after that mini conversation, you all looked uncertain.

A couple hours and a million 'Are we there yet' later, the six of you were in the only clearing in the forest, at the foot of the two story building. Though something told you guys that was just a facade.

"Now what?" You said, "We can't just walk through the front doors."

"I'll scan the place," Blue Beetle said before a long pause and him mumbling to himself. After a while, he said, "Both floors are empty. No human signatures detected."

"That's strange," Batgirl frowned and tapped her foot, "Where did the distress beacon come from?"

No one answered.

"Doesn't matter. We're here already. Might as well go inside," super boy said before walking through the front doors.

You frowned and followed him, as did everyone else. Very hesitantly, I might add.

Connor held out his hand and pressed it against the iron door. It was unlocked. He applied pressure on it before it slowly creaked open, making the creepy atmosphere even more anticipating.

Connor peered inside the dark opening, "Hello?" He called out. You doubted the others could hear it, but you could tell by his soft voice crack that he was nervous.

You stepped forward and placed a hand on his shoulder. He whipped his head back to you and caught his breath, giving you an almost questioning look.

You smiled at him and nodded, stepping even more forward until your feet touched the door frame, "Come on guys. We can't just stand here forever."

"Y/n's right!" Bart stood up straight, "let's go!"

After that 'pep talk', everyone was soon inside the mysterious building. Batgirl was trying to turn on a seemingly old computer in the dimly lit foyer with assistance from BB while the rest of you guys kept watch.

You took up upon yourself to scope out the place, making sure there weren't any secret traps. And of course, Connor had to follow you.

"It's dangerous," he said.

You found his protectiveness cute, so you let him go with you. The two of you searched around the floor until you came across an elevator.

"Must be broken," connor observed bluntly and moved on like it was nothing.

But you took a second glance at the elevator and saw a down button. Even though it was almost certain that the elevator wouldn't work, curiosity got the best of you, so you reached out and pressed the button.

Connor caught your movement and turned around, only to be met with the wide doors of the elevator. He frowned, confused, "That's not possible. This building's been out of commission a long time now. It's abandoned."

You shrugged and peeked your head in the elevator, pressing your foot lightly against the floor of it, "Back up generator, maybe."