Promise

Chapter 61

~*~

He loves me?!

“You love me?!” I ask incredulously.

I mean, I had already guessed but I never thought it would be true.

He just nods, not looking at my eyes.

He loves me!!!

-Insert girly squeal here-

You love me?!?!” I said emphasizing pointing to each of us in turn.

He sighs, and I realize what I just did. I made him think I don't love him!!

I bite my lip and gently slip my hand from his, he looks surprised and hurt when I did this but I had to ignore it for now. I bring both my arms to wrap around his neck, bringing me closer to him. Meanwhile the song slowly comes to an end

He seemed surprised; no longer hurt, I just smirk, bringing myself even closer until our lips finally touch in a wonderful blissful kiss.

But, unfortunately, I had to end it, mainly to get my point across.

“I love you too, Kiba” I whisper, and pull away.

((Kiba))

She loves me!!!

I couldn’t help but grin, enveloping her in a huge hug, not forgetting to capture her lips in the most passion filled kiss I could muster.

After pulling away, she just stands there in a daze before I pull her outside with me.

I can’t believe it!

She really loves me!!!

((Akira))

Damn, I just remembered!

“Uh, Kiba, I have to tell something” I say slowly, after we get outside.

He turns to face me, still in a good mood, “what is it?”

“Well, I made a promise” I said picking my words carefully.

“Ok?” he asked looking confused.

“Well, I sorta promised Sora, my best friend, that I’d spend summer in Suna with her” I said waiting for his reaction.

He blinks, as the information sinks in, “so, you won’t be here for summer?”

I shake my head sadly; his good mood was totally diminished.

“I’m sorry, but she’s wanted me to spend summer with her for years, but you know with the whole military school and coma thing, I haven’t been able to get to it, so she made me promise and…” I was suddenly shut up by his mouth over mine.

“It’s alright, I understand” he says cupping my face in his hands.

I place my hand over his, “I leave you too much” I smile sadly

“It’s not your fault” he says rubbing his thumbs against my cheeks.

“How about this, I’ll make you a promise” he looks at me curiously.

“I promise this will be the last time I leave you” I say smiling up at him.

“The last time” he smirks moving a strand of hair from my face.

“Well, unless you want me to leave you again, then…”

He laughs, “You promise?” he whispered as he leaned in for another long kiss.

“I promise”