Mitsuki and Suki

Chapter 46

~*~

“Now that I’ve told you my life story, without knowing if I could trust you, it’s only fair that you tell me about yourself” he laughed

“I doubt that’s your life story. But I guess I’m not being very fair, how bout we discuss my ‘life story’ over lunch” he said holding his hand out to me.

“I’m not hungry” I said, my stomach growled, betraying me, my eye twitched.

He laughed again. “You stomach sure doesn’t seem to think so” he said, I pouted and grabbed his hand as he hoisted me off the swing, even though I could do so by myself.

We entered a small café-like restaurant, it was cute both inside and out.

“Hello, welcome to café kyu-to, how may I help yo—Akira?! Why are you doing here?” said Eiko looking up from her phone.

“Um, cause I’m hungry?” I asked raising an eyebrow, Daisuke chuckles behind me; she looks behind me raising an eyebrow.

“And who’s HE?” she asks with authority.

“A friend” I said calmly.

“Don’t tell me you’re already over Kiba!’ she says frantically shaking me by my shoulders.

“What?!” she finally stops shaking me and glares, “do you know how emo Kiba has been while you were gone?!” she screams in my face, I just stare back emotionlessly.

“Do I care? He obviously didn’t while he went out with some girl he probably just found, so don’t come talking to me about caring about him when he obviously doesn’t care about me” her jaw dropped, while Daisuke put his arm on my shoulder, probably for comfort.

“Now where do we sit?” I asked in a demanding tone.

“Table 7” she said quietly, leading us to a table by a small window.

“I’m Eiko, and I’ll be you’re waitress for the afternoon, what would you like?” she forced a smile toward Daisuke.

We ordered quickly and she left, telling us our food will be ready in a few minutes. I smiled, resting my chin on my folded fingers.

“So, tell me about yourself”

((Kiba))

I walked quietly through the halls of the huge mansion I was trapped in.

I was on the fourth floor so I couldn’t jump out the window, like I would have hoped. I felt myself hit something, or more like something, or someone, hit me.

I stumbled back a few steps and saw a girl with blue hair falling, and as an instinct, I reached out and caught her before she could hit the ground.

I carried her bridal style, as she opened her eyes, obviously shocked that she hadn’t hit the hard ground.

“Are you alright?” I asked blink down at her, she looked exactly like Mitsuki, the girl I saw when I woke up.

She stared up at me and blushed, “…” her mouth opened and closed, but no sound came out.

Is this good?

Finally she nodded and I put her down.

“Um, I’m Tsuki, nice to meet you” she bowed.

I smiled, “I’m Kiba” she blushed a deeper red and smiled.

She’s kinda cute.

((Akira))

A chill wind emitted from the window, in which Daisuke and I were sitting by, chilling me in an instant.

I shivered slightly, and hugged my jacket an inch closer to me.

“Are you cold” Daisuke asks leaning closer to me.

“I’m fine” I smiled hoping to get my point across.

It was not that I realized the many sounds surrounding us, aka music, and people dancing.

The particular music playing was one that I would not like to hear at the moment, only because of circumstances.

The song playing was ‘I still believe by Mariah Carey’ Daisuke stood up and walked a few feet toward me, and held his hand out.

“May I have this dance?” my eyes widen a little, but I manage to force a smile.

“Sure, why not” I sighed unnoticeably as he pulls me softly out of my chair and leads me to the dance floor.

As we sway to the music, I start to think.

If Kiba hadn’t cheated, I wouldn’t have had to go to Suna, and I wouldn’t be able to spend a whole week with Sora, and her and Gaara probably wouldn’t have gotten together.

So maybe, in a very minimal way, Kiba’s cheating might’ve been a good thing.

I smiled a little, even though there was nothing to be really happy about.

Before I knew it, the song was over and we were heading back to our table by the window.

“Is something wrong?” I looked up, now out of my trance.

“No, I’m fine” I said poking at my unfinished food; I don’t have much of an appetite anymore, even though I’m still hungry.

“You don’t seem fine” he said unsure.

“Not everything is what it seems” I said sounding bored, he smirks.

“Is there anything else you need?” Eiko said randomly walking over.

“Uh, yes, can we have the check, please?” he asks smiling at her.

“Hai, I’ll be right back” she said and went away.

She came back about a minute later, maybe more, maybe less, I really didn’t care.

Daisuke quickly paid and we left the restaurant.

((Kiba))

Suki had somehow managed to help me escape, and now we were in a forest.

“Um, will you do me a favor?” she asks facing me with pleading eyes.

“Sure, it’s only fair” I smiled, she didn’t look convinced.

“Will…will you pretend to be my boyfriend?” she asked not meeting my eyes.

This is uncomfortable, but I guess I could do it, I mean; I’m not with Akira right now.

“Sure, like I said, it’s only fair” I said, she looked up and grinned, she squealed and hugged me, I almost fell backward, but I quickly regained my balance and reluctantly hugged back.

It reminded me of when Akira used to hug me like this.

“You know, if you had darker hair and eyes, you would look like my ex” I unconsciously blurted out, my eyes widened at what I had just said.

She looked down, “really? Is that good?” she asks, I couldn’t answer, so I just shrugged.

“Hmm, I’ll be right back” she said and ran behind a tree. She came back a few minutes later, which felt like hours, just standing there, not knowing what to do.

My eyes widened, “Akira?” I swear it was Akira, like a shorter form.

“Was that your ex?” she said, I had to admit, I was kinda disappointed.

“Yeah” suddenly a twig snapped and I smelled the scent of soldiers from the mansion place.

“They’ve found us, follow me” she pulled me through a bunch of trees

“What do you want to look like?” she asks, I stared, confused.

“What?” she growled

“I’ll think of something then”