Forgive and Forget

Chapter 48

~*~

((Kiba))

“That’s how I was able to change my hair and eye color when you mentioned it” she said looking down.

“So what does that have to do with me?”

She sighed, “Honestly I have no idea” I sweatdrop. “We being shapeshifters has nothing to do with you, but one more thing is that we are mind controllers” she said, I raised an eyebrow,

“That sounds unreal, like it could never happen” I said doubting the whole mind readers theme.

“But it’s true, the actual mind readers clan is gone, but because our parents are both mind readers and shapeshifters, we had the power of both” she said leaning towards me.

Before I could reply something in my head kept telling me to do something.

It was giving me a headache. “Kiba-san, what’s wrong?” I could barely hear her, and that’s bad, seeing as my hearing is above average.

She said something else but my mind wouldn’t focus, there was this loud annoying sound ringing in my ears.

“Kiba, I know how to make it go away” she says, I look up as her lips meet mine.

((Akira))

“Okay, your point being?” I ask signaling for him to continue.

He sighs, “if you didn’t know already, shapeshifters are a known Uchiha enemy, so Mitsuki was trying to kill you to get rid of you for good and we don’t have to worry about the Uchiha clan”

My jaws dropped, “so basically, you were sent to kill me?!” I ask.

My shock evident in my tone. He nodded solemnly.

“Then why didn’t you? You had a perfect chance” I asked looking straight at him; he looked surprised and horrified that I’d even suggest that.

“I couldn’t possibly kill you!” he gripped my shoulders.

“why not, I don’t have anything to live for, Eiko thinks I’m crazy, Sasuke doesn’t care, Kiba probably hates me, and your sister freaking wants to kill me!” he stayed quiet, I was about to cry,

“Maybe I should go find Mitsuki, she’d be willing to kill me” I said and struggled to get out of his grip.

“I can’t let you do that” he says pushing me against the door, his hands were by my head, locking me in place.

“you see, you don’t know Mitsuki, she will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and what she wants at the moment is Kiba, and you’re just an obstacle along the way, a beneficial obstacle, and if she gets one chance to get rid of you, she will take it, no hesitation” he said softly, I looked away, avoiding his eyes.

“then you kill me, at least I know who I’ll die by” I spread my arms out as much I could, “I’m right here, take me” I said dramatically, but not enough to make anyone laugh.

He sighed, “I told you, I can’t do that”

I dropped my arms, “and why not” he looked hesitant, but leaned in, bending his arms to get closer, I blinked, our faces were centimeters away, so close, my heart was thumping loudly in my chest.

And finally, our lips met in a passionate kiss.

He pulled away after a few seconds; “because I fell in love with you”