Ice Princess

Chapter 59

~*~

“Akira, you have to help me!!” exclaims Eiko, barging into my room without knocking, as always.

“What, Eiko?” I ask from my closet, where I was getting ready

“Get out of your closet and help me!!”

I sigh and open the door of my closet and lean on the door frame, “What is it that requires you to yell at me?” I ask raising an eyebrow at her. I quickly scan her outfit, typical winter Saturday.

“Omg, Akira; look I'm sorry, ok? But I really need your help; I don't know how to skate” she says with a pleading look.

I blink at her, “You said what?” she groans and throws herself on my bed.

I sigh and walk over to her, and sit on the edge of my bed. “Here’s what I’ll do, I’ll tell Jeff to take us there early, and teach you the basics before the rest of the juniors get there, okay?” I say to her.

She sits up, surprised and more than happy, “really, you will?!” I smile and nod.

She squeals and hugs me too tight for too long, but I don't say anything.

“Thank you thank you thank you!!!” she says and hugs me again.

“No problem, but you know, we have to leave now if we want to get there early enough” I say, peeling her off me.

“Ok!” she squeals yet again and skips out of my room to hers.

I sigh and walk out of my room, into the hallway, and to the overly large living room.

“Akira, you have some major explaining to do!” I turn around to find Rose glaring.

“What am I explaining?” I ask.

“That!!” she says pointing to the smoke pouring out of the large kitchen, and that’s when I noticed the fire alarm screaming from the too high roof.

“What in the hell is going on here?!” I exclaim, walking into the smoke filled kitchen.

“I don't think I'm a very good cook” I hear from within the smoke, the voice of Kiba. I try my best to wave the smoke from my face; it didn’t work, so I lowered myself to the ground to get some air.

“Kiba, open the windows” I say walking to a closed window, and opening it quickly, letting some smoke out.

After about a few minutes, it’s about okay to breathe in, and I stand up straight, looking directly at Kiba.

“What were you trying to do?” he shrugs and throws away the burnt food in the garbage.

I just sigh and walk out, finding Eiko waiting for me.

I walk with her to Jeff’s limo, and off we go.

~*~

Ok, I taught Eiko the basics of ice skating, and now I'm beyond tired. I just want to go home, but the juniors just arrived along with Kiba and the rest of the group.

Eiko pulls me over to them, immediately latching onto Sasuke. Frankly, I'm surprised Sasuke isn’t pissed off yet.

I sigh and take off my skates, sitting on one of the many benches in the area.

“Why’d you take off your skates?” asked Kiba, who I just know noticed, was in front of me.

I start to rub my feet, “because I’m tired” I said slowly, focusing on my feet.

He walks over to me and takes my feet, rubbing them himself.

It feels much better when he does it, is that mean?

“We just got here though” he says, continuing our conversation.

“Not me, I had to teach Eiko how to skate” I say warily.

He chuckles lightly, “how’d that go?”

I rolled my eyes, “what do you think?”

He laughs and puts my feet down, causing me to whine, and him to laugh harder.

I sigh, put on my shoes and stand up.

“Aren’t you gonna skate with me?” he asks pouting, and looking sexy with it too.

No Akira, bad girl.

“Maybe later” I say, walking to one of the crowd sitting areas.

~*~

I think I fell asleep on one of those benches, because it’s dark and there’s music playing.

“Great, you're awake” I turn to see Kiba; he had that weirdly sexy lopsided grin of his directed toward me.

Yawn. “And how is that so great?” I ask, stretching.

“It’s your turn” he says vaguely.

Well, that doesn’t help much.

“My turn for what?” I ask, with a raised eyebrow.

He smirked and pointed toward the ice rink, where Eiko was skating currently.

“To skate” he says simply and hands me my skates, taking my free hand to guide me to the ice rink.

“Are you skating too?” I ask as he helps me with my skates.

“No” he pulls me off the bench I was sitting on and gives me a light push onto the ice just as Eiko gets off.

That’s when I notice the cameras and the many people watching, including adults and the juniors from KHS.

=_= I turn to glare at Eiko and the ‘groupe’ just as an upbeat song surrounded me and everyone else watching me.

She is soo getting it.

I better start skating.

So, unfortunately for me, I have to skate without a routine. I just hope I don't fall and totally embarrass myself.

~*~

After my routine-less skating and I'm chasing Eiko all over the place to ‘punish’ her for her evil actions, but unfortunately, I was interrupted, by the judge people no less.

Ugh, stupid judges.

I looked up to the board and saw my scores; 9, 10, 8, which added up to 27. For those of you too lazy to do simple math.

Eiko started laughing, “Ha! I got higher than you!!”

“I wouldn’t be laughing if I were you” I say menacingly. I was about to start chasing her again when I was stopped by arms snaking around my waist.

“Kiba, let me go!” I said trying to grab Eiko, who stuck her tongue out at me. =_=

I pulled harder, almost getting her, making her squeal and take a few steps back, running into Sasuke in the process.

He grabbed her and pulled her away so Kiba could loosen his grip on me. I pulled again, sensing his change, making him tighten his arms again, “whoa, Akira, calm down” I heard him whisper to me.

I froze for a minute, before calming down a little, “geez, you sure are strong for a girl” I heard him mutter after letting me go.

“What did you say?” I say turning around.

“Nothing” he says quickly, grabbing my hand and pulling me toward Jeff’s limo.

Jeff opens the door for us, and I slid in before Kiba. I turn and notice the trophy sitting on the seat.

It was of a girl in ice skates, wearing a tiara.

Carved into it were the words ‘Ice Princess’