The popular girl and the nerd •|mature|•

Requested by @beamila

Niall's P.O.V

"It's 125." I said as the teacher called on me for the answer to a math problem.

After I said it, I heard giggles coming from the back of the room, it was the popular kids, they all hated me and they'd always laugh at me whenever I answered a question in class or just when I'm walking down the hallway to my locker, they all are just a bunch of spoiled bitches who gets things handed to them, well, actually one of them isn't that bad, Y/N is the most popular girl in school, she's never been mean to me, I guess that's why I have a crush on her, I try and hide it though, nobody can know, I'd be the laughing stock of the whole school.

~after the class is over~

I was leaving the class room to go to my locker for my next class but I saw Y/N being pushed around by one of the popular guys, it made me really angry, and I couldn't hold back.

"Hey! Don't do that to her!" I screamed walking closer to where they were at.

"What did you say to me?!" The popular guy exclaimed, looking extremely angry at me, turning his attention on me instead of Y/N.

"You heard me! You don't treat a girl that way!" I told him, trying not to stutter in the process.

"Seriously?! You think you have the right to talk to me that way?! Come on big shot, let's fight then if you are so big and tough!" He challenged me, as he got in my face.

I took the challenge and throw the first punch but it didn't have an effect on him and he then punched me in the jaw, which knocked me on my ass which caused me much embarrassment.

As I was sitting on the ground from the punch, Y/N came up and slapped him on the check; that of course made him angry and he was getting ready to hit her, but thankfully a teacher came.

"What is going on here?!" The teacher asked, looking furious.

The popular guy smirked at us and said "I-I don't know? Niall and Y/N just came up to me and just started harassing me for no reason! I had to d-defend myself so I punched Niall and Y/N didn't like it I guess, s-so she slapped me."

"What?! That's not tru-" Y/N began to exclaim but she was cut off by the teacher. "I don't want to hear it! You and Niall have detention after school!"

~after school and in detention~

Your P.O.V

"Now, there will be no horsing around while in detention! No leaving the class unless I'm in here and it's for the bathroom, so let's hope you went before you came! Now I'm going to go finish grading some test in the teachers lounge, I will be back in an hour to check up on you." The teacher who gave you detention told you and Niall.