Chapter 34: Jazlyn

I leaned against the window of my room. It was already night and according to Julianna, Victor has been down in the dungeon with a few more hunters ever since the afternoon. Since Aphrodite wasn’t here, I was able to have the room all to myself. I thought it would be a good thing having a room to myself, but I had problems going to sleep. Whenever I closed my eyes, I saw the face of Harry being tortured or the moment he found out the truth about me. I didn’t care that he forgave me, I still felt guilty doing it. It was too much to handle sometimes, especially whenever I passed by a vase that had a red rose or a bush that had red roses growing on it.

After the third day of Angelina being in the dungeon, I couldn’t stand being in the torture room. Harry’s cries of pain already burned through my ears already and Angelina was just recently added. Sometimes at night, I could hear her screaming. It was insane that I could hear them from all the way up to my room. When I asked the other hunters about it, they told me that they didn’t hear anything and that I was just hearing things.

I looked through my phone and noticed that Harry’s number to his phone was there. Taking a deep breath, I called the number and hoped that he would answer.

“Hello?” I heard on the other line the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard.

“Harry,” I whispered.

“Jazlyn,” he said, relieved. “Where are you? Are you alright?”

“Yeah,” I sighed. “I didn’t know you put your number on my phone until now.”

“I sort of did it behind your back the night you stayed at the penthouse and I got yours too. What’s going on?” He asked with authority.

“I was so worried about you. I was worried if you made it out alright or if you were going to heal or anything! Why didn’t you call me if you had my number?”

“I didn’t want to call you at a bad time. Trust me, I wanted to call, but you had to be the first one to call me.”

“Did you heal alright?”

“I got my health back on track maybe two days ago. How’s Angelina holding up?”

I cleared my throat. “She doesn’t look great, Harry. I snuck some blood bags for her, but it’s not helping, especially with what my uncle does to her. He’s been giving her so much of that dead man’s blood. She’s a lot paler, as if she is actually a corpse, and she keeps pausing in between her sentences. I don’t know how long she can keep this up.”

Harry paused for a moment. “Listen, Jazlyn, you can’t tell a single person about this. Don’t even bring it up with Angelina, do you understand me?”

I nodded, “Of course.”

“Promise me you won’t tell anyone.”

“I promise I won’t tell anyone about whatever is you are about to tell me.”

“We’re getting her,” Harry informed me. “We are getting her tonight. Stay away from any fights that are happening and look for me.”

“How are you going to do this?” I asked him. “How are you going to get pass the hunters that keep watch around Hawthorn?”

“It’s best if I tell you as little as possible, Baby. Don’t worry about what we are going to do, just be careful.”

“Can’t I say the same thing to you? You’re the one who is about to go on a suicide rescue mission tonight.”

“It’ll be okay, Jazlyn, I promise. We are going to be back together in no time.” There were voices on the other end that I wasn’t able to acknowledge. “I’ve got to go. Remember what you have to do tonight. I love you, Baby.”