Chapter 4: Jazlyn

“What do we know about vampires?” Julianna asked the class. “Someone just say something about them, anything at all.”

“They don’t like any holy objects,” one said out load.

“What else?” Julianna asked as she wrote on the board.

“They don’t like garlic.”

“Silver hurts them.”

“They are allergic to hawthorn.”

“They can’t walk in sunlight.”

“Sleep in coffins!”

I noticed how Julianna created two columns. “Well, it seems like you all don’t know very much about vampires after all and you want to be hunters. First of all,” Julianna created a large x of the column that had: garlic, sunlight, and coffins. “Vampires can eat as much garlic as they want, they can walk in sunlight, and they don’t need coffins.”

“As for hawthorn and holy objects, it depends on the type of vampire. It is believed that vampires who were virgins during the time they were changed will be immune to holy objects, which isn’t that useful. It is most likely that the modern vampires that were created from the eighties till now won’t be immune to the holy object.”

“What about the ones who had sex while they were in married?” Andrew questioned. “Would they be affected by holy objects?”

“No, they won’t. Mainly the ones who had sex out of wedlock or had adultery would have a weakness for holy objects. However, like I said, it is difficult to know if that information is true or not. It is best to not test that theory out when you are fighting a vampire,” Julianna answered. “As for hawthorn, it can irritate their skin and be painful to them, but some vampires stayed around enough hawthorn for them to become immune to it, but it's uncommon.”

“What about stakes in the heart?” Andrew asked. “Does that turn the vampires into ashes?”

“It makes them unconscious. If that stake is removed, the vampire would come back to life. If you decide to stake a vampire’s heart, I suggest that you either choose to behead or burn them. Oh, and when staking them, don’t miss. Jazlyn, why shouldn’t you miss the heart?”

“Because it will piss it off and kill you without hesitation,” I answered.

“That’s right and trust me, that vampire is going to be pissed off and it will kill you. If you want to live passed the age of thirty, then you must be the first to strike and always ahead of those parasites. Okay, Jazlyn, what can you tell me about vampires?”

I cleared my throat, “They look like human usually and by the time most people realize what they are, it’s already too late. If you want to kill a vampire, it’s best to stake them with pure wood. Mainly killing a vampire is by beheading with a pure silver blade or fire”

Julianna nodded in approval. “Not bad, Jazlyn.”