Chapter 23: Harry

“We have to meet at the first checkpoint,” Liam informed us as we left the town. We took a car from an empty parking lot and headed towards our meeting location.

“She might actually want us to go to the cottage,” I muttered.

“Harry, you know better than that.”

I did know better than that. I knew that whenever we were separated and told to go to one of the places Angelina owns, we are to go to a certain location where we can regroup and head to our designated location together.

“Are you sure Jazlyn was alright?” I asked worriedly.

Liam looked over at me, “She is with Angelina. If Jazlyn had to be protected, Angelina would be the best for the job. You know that, Harry.”

Niall turned around from his seat to look at me. “No need to worry about your love, Harry. She is safe in the arms of my princess.”

Louis scoffed, “Was I ever that cheesy?”

Zayn shook his head, “I would slap you if you were.”

“Why are you both talking about cheese?” Niall questioned them.

I shook my head, “Don’t worry about them.”

“So, what’s the plan?” Zayn spoke. “Are we going to stay hiding and keep letting them come to us?”

“I have a feeling that Angelina only wanted to go to the cottage so that there wouldn’t be humans getting involved.” Liam shrugged, “Besides, the penthouse was getting destroyed too.”

“And the cottage won’t?”

“It’s better the cottage than the penthouse.”

“Why does it have to be the cottage?” Louis whined. “There is nothing to do there.”

“There’s a lot to do. There’s horseback riding, swimming-”

“Boring!” Louis groaned. “We were able to go out and have fun at the penthouse. Now, we have to hide and wait until the threat is over. Maybe, I should go back to Paris.”

“You’re not going back to Paris,” Liam looked at Louis through the rearview mirror. “When a family member is in need, we all come together. There is no way I’m letting you leave.”

“I’m so threatened,” Louis rolled his eyes. “Are we there yet?”

“No.”

“What about now?”

“No.”

“Are we there now?”

Niall glanced back at Louis. “There is no point wasting Liam’s time asking questions about our location every second in a minute.”

Louis glared at Niall but stayed quiet. Niall turned around and the car remained quiet for a few minutes. Louis looked at Liam. “Liam, are we there yet?”

I groaned and leaned my head against the window. I knew he was going to do that. Liam glared at Louis through the rearview mirror and Niall looked just as frustrated as Liam did. Zayn was the only one who was perfectly calm because of his headphones was keeping him out of what was going on. I had a feeling he was used to Louis acting up since Zayn lived with him for the past twenty-six years.

“Where are we going to ditch the car?” I asked Liam.

“Why should we put this automobile in a ditch?” Niall asked us.

Shaking my head, I explained to Niall, “When I said ‘ditch’, I meant where are we going to get rid of the car or hide it.”

“The English language has changed quite a bit this year,” Niall observed. “It is strange.”