Chapter 27: Harry

The cottage was quiet as I went downstairs to get a drink. My whole body felt sore and I didn't want Jazlyn to see the battle scars I got from last night. Even when I drank her blood, it wasn't enough to heal me. The taste of her blood gave me a sense of joy. I felt closer to her just because she let me bite her and it gave me the hope that she might want to be a part of this family. I turned into the kitchen to see Angelina wearing her black satin robe with her nightgown underneath, her head in the sink. I heard her spitting and coughing.

"Angelina?"

She cleared her throat and looked over at me. "You're awake."

"Are you okay?"

"The blood of the dead is still in me. My body is rejecting right now." She sat down on the chair tiredly. I noticed how the scars from the silver chain were gone, but her complexion was still too pale than what I was used to.

"Did you try drinking blood?"

Angelina nodded, "Even Niall gave me some of his."

"Niall's blood?"

"Since his blood is actually a lot more powerful compared to human blood. I think it is because he's my creator. It is helping, but I need a lot more blood than that to get it out of my system. How's Jazlyn?"

"She's still asleep. It was pretty crazy last night."

"Yes, it was." Angelina sighed, "There was something that reminded me about..."

"About what?"

"California," she muttered. "The way that Jazlyn fought...it reminded of someone."

"Who?"

Angelina turned away and shook her head, "Forget I said anything, it's not possible." She cleared her throat and looked back at me, "So, what's with you?"

"What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes, "Harry, keep in mind I have highly advanced hearing along with the rest of us. Everyone in the house knows what Jazlyn and you were doing last night."

"We weren't the only ones," I commented. "So, is 'goddess' your new nickname?"

"You do know I can still beat you into a pulp, right?"

"I had enough of that last night," I said, grabbing two bags of blood for Angelina and myself. I threw them into the microwave and heated them up. "Is the threat over?"

She nodded, "Damon's dead along with the rest of his coven so I would think so." She stared at me for a moment. "What's going on with you?"

I grabbed the two bags from the microwave, poured them into two wine glasses, and gave her one. "Nothing," I said and drank some of the blood.

"There's something different...I smell something different about you too."

Thinking it through, I realized what she meant. "Oh, I know what you're talking about. Jazlyn let me drink her blood last night."

"You mean from a cut?"

"No, I mean she let me bite her."

Angelina nearly choked from her drink. "What?"

"Yeah, I know," I smiled.

"Stop smiling," Angelina ordered. "There's no reason for you to be smiling."

"Why not? Jazlyn let me bite her do you know what this means?"

"She's going to wake up with less blood in her, have migraine, and probably be forced to lie down in bed all day."