Chapter 30: Jazlyn

“Jazlyn!” Victor called out. “I want to see you in my office. Andrew, I told you to put that thing in the dungeon. Now, do it!”

I followed Victor up to his office. Julianna was already there in the office waiting for me. I gave her a weak smile and she gave me one in return. As soon as he shut the door, he walked over towards me and slapped me hard against the face.

“You, stupid girl!” Victor barked about to strike me again.

“Victor!” Julianna stepped in front of me. “What the hell has gotten into you?”

“We could’ve gotten that leader if she wasn’t so stupid! We had everything set for Halloween night, but Jazlyn wanted us to wait! Now, they know about us and on the run.”

“What gives you the right to hit your own niece?” Julianna said, pushing him away.

“She exposed us! Because of her errors, vampires will know what Hawthorn Academy really is. All of this will be gone!”

“That doesn’t give you the right to hit her still!”

Victor stepped forward, pointing his finger in my face. “When we come back to retrieve that leader, you better remember where your loyalties lie. I’m getting tired of you, Jazlyn. You do not want to be on my bad side. Remember, I’m the only family that is accepting you.” He stormed out of the office and I sunk down to the ground.

Julianna sat down next to me and placed a comforting hand on my back. “I’m sorry that he had to hit you,” she said softly. “Jazlyn, he has a point though. You should’ve stuck with the plan. Just stay here until we get back and clear your head.”

I needed to be in my own secret place so that I could let out all of my emotions. I ran up to the north tower entrance, closed the door behind me and hid by the staircase. No one actually ever went up here and no one will since the weather has gotten cold.

I covered my face with my hands and wept as I sunk down to the ground. I wrapped my arms around myself. I had no choice but to run back to Hawthorn. Once I told Victor and Julianna, they took a large group to hunt them down. Julianna told me to stay in Hawthorn and take an easy, but how can I take an easy when I feel so horrible?

I sold out Harry’s family. I couldn’t let them kill me, but I can’t let Harry’s family kill the people in Hawthorn. The thought of me doing that to Harry, seeing his face shatter, was the worst pain that I ever felt. Seeing his face when I rejected him about me turning was bad, but this was much worse. I couldn’t believe that I hurt him so badly. Still, I couldn’t blame anything on anyone, but myself. I allowed him to love me and me to love him, I let him into my life, I knew what I was doing, I knew what I was getting myself into, and yet, I wasn’t cautious. I didn’t even consider the fact that I could love him. I didn’t think things thoroughly.

If only I dint say anything about the name. How was I to know what Liam was doing or if anyone knew about Hawthorn? As far as any vampire knew, Hawthorn didn’t exist, but with the others knowing about it, Hawthorn Academy would probably be ambushed by vampires.

I let out a cry, slammed my head against the wall, and pounded my fists against them. “What have I done?” I cried out. “Why?” I slid my knees up and hugged them, hiding my face on them.

My life with Harry is over. My fairytale, my love, my life...over.

The sound of car doors slamming shut made me stop crying and stare at the window closest to me. I saw three black vans parked out in the front and hunters coming out. I quickly wiped my tears away and walked down to the front.

I met up with Victor. “What happened?” I asked him.

He said as he walked, not taking a second to even look at me. “They were running in the woods when we found them.”

Torturing Secretsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें