Chapter-9 The One With the Save

Começar do início

I quickly ran towards her and pulled her towards me with a jerk and the glass peices shattered with a loud noise. I took her away from the glass peices scattered everywhere.

Abeer was so frightened that she hugged me so tight and never letting me go. She had fisted my shirt with her right hand and her other hand had fisted my coat from back.
I tried to clam her down, but she was not in a condition to listen. She was shivering badly so I hugged her back.
And caressed her back to calm her down.

"It's okay, Shshh, calm down"- I said while caressing her shoulders.
I could feel she was sobbing silently.
"Relax Abeer"- I said and put my chin on her head and closed my eyes.

After a few moments she pulled herself back from me and it felt like something valuable is taken away from me.

"Are you alright Abeer?"- I asked her. She had hung her head low but I could still see tears in her eyes.
"mm..hmm"- She nodded her head.

We stood there silently for few seconds,
when Sir Omair came running towards us, - "What happened here?"

All the students gathered around us and cleaners came to clean the mess.
"Are you both alright?"- Sir Omair asked, tension evident on his face.
"Yes Sir, don't worry we both are alright."- I said to Sir Omair.
"All students please leave this area immediately, you might hurt yourself and Miss Elena please take Abeer with you, she looks scared from all this. And please check if she has got any wounds."- Sir Omair instructed the health department head.
Abeer left with Miss Elena.

"How did all this happen? Call the maintenence department and ask them is this the way they work?"- Sir Omair ordered his assistant, anger evident on his face.
"Mr. Haroon I hope you are not hurt. It is a great mishap, we cannot ignore this."- Sir Omair said.
"I am perfectly alright Sir, don't worry"- I informed him with a genuine smile. "I must leave now Sir, univeristy timings are almost over."- I further said.
"Yes Sure and take care of yourself."- He said and patted my arm.
"You too Sir."- I said and left with a smile.

I wonder if Abeer is fine or not. I must check on her.

I went towards the university's clinic but she is no where to be seen.
Kahan chali gai?

"Where is Miss Abeer?"- I asked Miss Elena.
"She just left"- Miss Elena said in her weird british accent.
Left??
"Okay Thanks for informing"- I smiled at her and left.
She must have left for home, you should leave too Haroon.

--------------------------------------------
Abeer's POV
I was frightened after today's incident would be an understatement. I was actually tramatized and I am still shivering.

What if that chandelier would have fallen on me? What would have happened with me? What if....what if Mr. Haroon didn't come on time to save me?

I was still in a shock when Sir Omair came and ordered Miss Elena to take me away.
Miss Elena took me to the clinic and checked for my wounds, but luckily I didn't had any except for the slight cut on my left finger. She bandaged my finger and then I hurriedly grabbed myself and walked towards the main gate.
Buji must be waiting for me.

--------------------------------------------
I am waiting at the main gate of the University for Buji, but he isn't here yet.

"Salam Abuji kahan hain aap?"- I called him and asked.
"Beta me raste me hi tha likin car kharab hogai hai aur kafi time lag jaega aate aate, tum Sameen, Sumaiyya ya Maliha me se kisi ko keh do ke wo tumhe drop kar dein ghar"- Abuji said.
"Abu koi bhi nahi hai yahan, sab ghar chale gae hain. Ab me kya karon? University timings bhi khtm ho gae hain."- I said feeling a little scared.
"Abu it's okay, I will take a cab."- I said to Abu.
"Out of question Abeer! I will not allow you to take a cab this late. Wait for sometime, I will manage something ya phir meri Sir Omair se baat karwao."- Abuji said.
I could feel he was a little tensed in his voice.
What should I do now?

"Abuji wo...."- I was saying something when a hand came near my ear and took hold of my phone.

I turned around and saw Mr. Haroon, he started speaking to Abu on my phone.
How dare he?!

"Hello Mr. Rashid, I am Haroon speaking, Abeer's marketing professor. I understand your concern Sir regarding your daughter's safety, and I assure you that I will drop her myself."- He said in a professional way.
Like as if Dad will allow him to. I rolled my eyes at him, bare aae hero banne wale.

"Sure Mr. Rashid, she will be there in 15 minutes."- He said and hunged up the call.
What?? Did Abuji allow him? how can he ? why??

"Let's go"- Mr. Haroon said.
"I don't want to go with you"- I said with a straight face.
"It's not the time to throw your tantrums Miss Abeer. Everybody has left, and Sir. Omair is busy with the maintenence team, so he won't be able to drop you. So, you have no choice left other than me, and if you don't trust me then it's your wish! You can risk your life by going in a cab this late!!"-He said pointing his index towards me, his tone was a little harsh.

He walked towards his car leaving me behind.

What are you thinking Abeer, he is right you have no other option than him. Atleast something is better than nothing!

Thinking this I started walking behind him. We reached near his Bently Bentayga which was in the parking lot of the university.
He moved towards the driving seat and I opened the door of back seat for myself, when he slammed the door shut of the driving seat.
The sound of it made me shiver.

"What are you doing Miss Abeer?"- He said with a straight face.
"About to sit, when you scare the shit out of me?!"- I said shrugging my shoulders, trying to remain cool.
"I am not your driver Abeer, Come and sit at the front."- He ordered me.

What is his problem?? Why is he annoying me? Iske saath ja rahi hoon kya wo kafi nahi jo ab iske saath agay bhi behthon??

"What is your problem Mr. Haroon? Isn't it enough for you that I am going with you!?!"- I said angrily.

I also slammed the door shut of the back seat, he was making me angry.
He didn't say anything further, he just came towards my side and opened the door of passenger seat and stood there with the opened door.

"We won't go until you come and sit at front

"We won't go until you come and sit at front."- He said without looking at me.

How stubborn he is!! I want to go home soon otherwise I would have shown him my stuborness too!! Mota!!

I took hold of my bag angrily and sat cross-armed at the front seat. He smirked and shut the door like a gentleman. Just He is not a gentleman!
He came walking towards his side, started the engine and soon we drove off.

X----------------------------X
Quote of the Day:
"Never let your loyalty become your slavery"

I hope you all enjoyed today's chapter, It is the longest one so far :D
And I loved writing this chapter.
Do loads of votes and comments <3