Will you marry me?

Your pov:
I was in so much shock. So many emotions filled me at once. The thought of us being married is huge.

Jared's mother pov:
Oh my gosh he just proposed. He can't get married to this girl. He too good for her he deserves better!

"Uh its too sudden she's in shock!" I exclaim.

"No! I mean yea I'm shocked but Jared are you sure?!" (Y/n) said still in shock.

"I've never been more sure about something in my life. I've thought this through and im ready to get married."

Your pov:

"Yes..yes yea!!" I say excited.

Jared smiled happily and hugged me then gave me a quick kiss.
We giggled happily.

"Oh i almost forgot." He took the ring out and placed it on my finger

" He took the ring out and placed it on my finger

Jared's mother pov:

"Oh congratulations!!" I say hugging her i grab her head and slam it repeatedly into the cake on the table.
"I cant wait for you to my daughter!!" I say angrily as i continue to mash her face in the cake.

"Mom!!" Jared shook me out of  my trance.

"Congratulations!!" I say giving her a hug as i smile.

"Thank you!!" She says happily.

"You two will need a moment alone." I say getting up.

Your pov:

Jared's mother left us.

"Oh my gosh!!this is amazing!!"

Jared chuckles.

"And this is crazy what if your parents didn't like me?!"

"They don't have any reason to not like you so i had confidence in my decision,"

"Maybe you should go check on your mom."

"Ah she's fine she's probably just calling all my relatives."

I chuckle.
So his mother comes onto the patio. She looked a bit disoriented though her haor was out of place. Her shirt was twisted.
"Oh this is amazing Jared why didn't you say anything though this seems like the right way to do this there are alternatives to marriage: adoption, abortion, lesbianism."

What the hell is this lady talking about?!

"Mom what are you talking about?" Jared asked.

"Oh well you are getting married so soon i must assume there is an impressive reason." She chuckles.

"Oh no mom (y/n) isn't pregnant." Jared chuckled.

"Oh! Well call me old fashioned marriage is a sacred union that should not be taken lightly and i just want to make sure you not taking it lightly that's all I'm saying."

Jared's phone went off. "Oh i have to take this...hello....hey yea....sure I'm not to far from there alright see ya. They need me on set for something real quick ill be back." Jared says getting up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked.

"No its fine ill be back shortly i promise." He gave me a quick kiss.

"Ok drive safely."

"I will."

Aaaaand he was gone aaand i was left with my new mother in law who looked completely shocked.

"Yknow this is just as sudden for me as it is for you." I say trying to break the obviously uneasy thick air between us.

"Almost to sudden right?" She asked.

"You think?" I asked.

She first shrugged then kinda reluctantly nodded.

"I mean i don't wanna rush into things yknow we are in a time and place where we can live a long prosperous life its not like you have to be married with kids and have it all figured out by the time you're 30 we have options now."

She nodded in agreement, "yes."

"And i always liked keeping my options open."

She continued to agree.

"My gosh this is......huge.....oh my god i should be happy.....i love Jared and im getting married!!"

She looked pale. "Ruby!!!!!"

A crash came and out came her assistant.

"Yes." She says.

"Jared and (y/n) just got engaged we need some wine to celebrate could you give me the key?" She says looking at ruby.

Ruby looked confused, "what key there is no key!!" She says smiling.

"They key to the liquor cabinet ruby the key." She sounded more aggressive.

"Fine and fix your hair looking like a damn cockatoo!!"

Based on that comment i guess they have a friendly bond.

Jared's mother laughed. "She's funny and the best assistant a girl could ask for." She says smiling.

Before ruby could come back with the wine Jared came and picked me up. We said our goodbyes and left.  We are now in the car on the way home.

"Do you think your mother likes me?" I asked Jared.

"Of course she does why do you ask?"

"I don't know cause she called me a pregnant lesbian." I say.

Jared chuckles. "She's just making sure we were doing what's right and not rushing into it."

"Ok."

"I love you."

"I love you too." I say smiling at him.

A/n: ive used a few lines from a certain movie can anybody guess what movie it is guess right you get a shoutout!