Chapter 116 - Falling shards

Start from the beginning

"We go on in 5, 4, 3...." he counts his fingers down to "2,1." 

**
It was minutes into the interview and so far it was the basic, usual questions..."What is Michael like?" "What's it like touring with the Michael Jackson?" which I answered breezily. 

So far, so good.

"It's amazing to see you sitting here, still able to basically be alive after being a six week coma..." Shelly says in amazement.

"Well--I'm extremely blessed." I smile shifting in my seat slightly.

"I think the big question is--" Shelly asks slowly. "There has been a lot of drama and rumors on your relationship with Michael..." she pauses. "What brought you back on the Bad Tour?"

"Him." I answer simply, a small smile playing on my lips. "I came back for him."

Michael's POV

"Just tell Frank I already called and I'll do the interview over the phone--and that I want to rearrange the order of the songs for tour." I tell Wayne as I walk in the suite. 

"Alright--I'll pick you up for rehearsal in a few minutes." Wayne says walking out as I nod, looking through a pile of papers I kept on the bureau. 

I pull out the song list schedule for tour before setting the other papers down. I furrow my eyebrows slightly going through them again. 

Have you ever had that feeling you lost something, but you can't figure out what? I bite my lip letting my brain run through everything I had in that file that was important. 

"Song list, Crew list, Rehearsal notes--" I mumble under my breath as I flip through the papers quickly. 

What the hell was I missing?

I flip through more sheets seeing a bill for Tatiana's hospital stay--then it suddenly comes to me....

The letter.  

"Oh my god..." I say in more of a panic as I go through the papers. I swallow hard my heart racing as I throw them all out on the bureau rushing through everything a panic rising in my throat. 

I knew it had to be in here. I didn't leave it at Neverland. Not in a million years--I had it with me in my personal things....to serve as a reminder on why I wasn't going to lost her ever again and so no one else would find it.

I open the notebook I had on the dresser shaking through the pages, hoping to see an envelope stuck between the pages. 

"Fuck!" I throw the papers down as I rush over to my luggage throwing everything out, looking for the envelope. 

I couldn't lose that and have anyone see it. Frank doesn't even know what happened, much less Tatia--

"Michael?" 

I turn my head seeing Tati walk in. "Hey I just--" she stops as she looks around the room slowly her face changing at the sight of the suite. 

"Michael, what the--" 

"Did you move any of my papers by accident?" my voice shakes as I try to push down the panic. 

"No..." she furrows her eyebrows. "I haven't really been in your roo---" I push past her as I open another piece of luggage. 

"Did someone break in your room again?" she asks slowly as I look through my suitcase. 

"No I--" I pause as I close my eyes, coming to realization. 

What if I left it in Hawaii?

"Shit." I whisper putting my head in my hands, as I pace the room.