Chapter 8: Jazlyn

Start from the beginning

I nodded, “That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you.”

He shook his head. “That’s not possible.”

“Before Todd died, he confirmed that there wasn’t a coven and it sounded like he was about to say that there was only one.”

“Did he say it?”

“No, he died before he can finish, but if I sum it up, ‘there’s only one vampire’.” I noticed how Victor’s hands clenched together at the sound of there being only one vampire that killed so many hunters. “Is that possible? One vampire slaughtering so many well trained hunters?” I asked.

“I didn’t think it was. This vampire might be the strongest we ever heard of. I will inform Julianna when she is done with her class. Do not speak of this to Andrew or Aphrodite. They're off the team for now.”

“Are they going to get replaced?”

Victor shook his head. “We don’t need a group of hunters yet. There is something though. I have a mission for you specifically. Do you think you can manage?”

“What’s the mission?”

“In London, there is a club called Mystique. There have been reports of girls entering the club and some of them missing. When we call you in, we are going to make you investigate inside the club to figure out what’s going on. We are thinking vampires, but since no bodies have turned up, we can’t be definite.”

“I’ll do it,” I said immediately. “Whatever it takes, I’ll do it.”

“Good,” Victor nodded, approvingly.

Julianna walked inside Victor’s office. Her eyes were fixed on me. I stood up and hugged her tightly, she returned the hug. The superior stance that she displayed was gone.

“Are you alright?” Julianna questioned.

I nodded, “I’m fine, Aunt Julie.”

“I’m sorry about your friends,” she muttered. “I noticed how close you were.”

I sighed, “I knew that I would lose friends once I came into this school.”

“You already lost so much this year though,” she muttered.

I tried my best not to show the pain in my eyes. She was very good at reading emotions and I know that she would be able to read mine if I didn’t focus enough. “I’ll be alright.”

She glanced over at Victor. “What’s going on?”

“Jazlyn and I were wondering if it was possible for one vampire to destroy all the hunters that were in the states.”