•Chapter 28: On The Way•

"This is gonna be awesome!" You grinned.

You were on your way to the venue with the boys, and all of you were talking about the concert.

The line up for this concert was a little different this time. It contained songs that didn't get played as much as their usual lineup did.

These songs were played at concerts, but most of the time they were just extra songs Tyler and Josh used when they wanted to.

Before you knew it, the car pulled into the venue, and the three of you got out.

Instantly, everyone began preparing.

"Hey, I have to go help get the stage set up." You looked up at Josh, gently playing your hand on his upper arm.

"I'll see you before you go on, alright?" You smiled. "Alright. Just don't overwork yourself. If there's anything too heavy for you to lift, just have another stage hand do it. If you pull a muscle or-" "Josh I'll be fine."

You had to cut Josh off, and couldn't help but chuckle. "This is your first time ever being an actual stage hand though... I just don't want you to get hurt."

Josh pulled you into a hug, and kissed the top of your head gently. "Josh I'll be fine I promise." You hugged him back, not wanting him to worry.

"Alright..." Josh sighed in defeat, and pulled back from the hug.

"I'll be careful. I love you!" You got on the tips of your toes an planted a kiss on Josh's cheek before running off to find the stage manager.

°°°

Things were going very well with the stage so far. All of you were almost done.

Throughout the entire process of setting up the stage, you had constantly nudged your thumb onto your ring finger.

You decided not to wear your ring to the concert, just to be safe. You didn't want it being scraped against anything you were moving, and you were terrified of losing it.

You were feeling a little lightheaded, so you decided to take a seat for a minute. You hadn't done anything to overwork yourself like Josh had asked, so you weren't sure what was going on.

Within what seemed like seconds, you heard quick paced footsteps that sounded like someone was running.

"Hey, you okay?" Josh had ran up to you as soon as he saw you sitting. You weren't very good at hiding the fact you were dizzy, considering you were holding your head in your hands.

Josh was knelt down, looking up at you from where he was. You looked at him, a little surprised he had noticed you that quickly.

"I just felt lightheaded... It's starting to go away a little bit but it's still there." You explained.

"Just wait here. I'll be back with a bottle of water, alright?" Josh told you before hurrying off to get water for you.

"Hey!" You looked up, seeing one of the upper stage hands walking towards you. "Why the hell are you sitting down? We have stuff to do."

"I was just taking a break becau-" "We don't have time for taking a break! We have shit to do!"

"And she has a bottle of water to drink." Josh was on his way back and was within earshot of the conversation.

The stagehand turned around, his face turning pale. "J-Josh I-" "I don't want to hear it. If my wife's feeling lightheaded then there's no reason she can't take a break." Josh interrupted him, and walked over to you, kneeling down.

"Here ya go." He handed you the bottle of water, and you took it thankfully. "Thank you Josh." You smiled before drinking some of it.

°°°

This was the last song the boys were going to play tonight, and the crowd was still going strong.

The last song they played was one that Josh and Tyler let you pick. You decided to go with Semi-Automatic. It was the first one to pop into your head, so you decided to use it.

The song had just ended, and the stagehands were getting ready to tear down.

"(Y/N), could you come out here?" Josh asked. You couldn't believe he was asking you to go out now of all times. But you weren't upset about it. Excited was the word to use, if any.

You made your way onto the stage, and the crowd cheered for you. This made you smile, and you walked over to where Tyler and Josh were standing.

Josh gave you a hug when you got on stage, and grabbed your hand to hold it once the two of you had pulled back from the hug.

You stood while the boys gave their thanks, and Josh looked down at you after he finished his.

"You wanna add anything?" He asked.

You thought for a second, then nodded with a smile.

You took the mic from Josh, and looked out at the crowd.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming tonight. This means a lot to to both Tyler and Josh, and I couldn't ask for anything more than to see them happy." You smiled. "Anyway, thank you all again, and the four of us will see you next time!"

Tyler looked over at you, obviously confused. "(Y/N) I know you aren't good with math but come oonnn." Tyler chuckled.

You chuckled, your cheeks turning a little pink as you looked over at your friend.

"I forgot to add...." You paused for a minute, glancing up at Josh who gave you a knowing look.

"Baby Dun is on the way."