•Chapter 6: Dinner•

Today was finally Thursday. You woke up slowly, feeling Josh's arm around you. You had Josh had started sleeping in the same bed now. Even when you fell asleep on the couch the other day, he carried you into his room and took a nap with you. It is a little weird to say your best guy friend and yourself sleep in the same bed and... Well, cuddle. But it's now a normal thing for you two. Neither of you bring it up so there's no awkwardness about it.

"Mmph.." Josh sighed and stirred a little. You took this opportunity to slip out from under his arm and get out of bed. He seemed to reach for you, even though you weren't there. You smiled, shaking your head. Quietly, you slipped out of the room and began making pancakes for breakfast.

°°°

You flipped the last pancake onto the plate, and heard footsteps coming down the hallway. This caused you to look up and see Josh come down the hall in his pajamas with his severe bed head. "Good morning sleeping beauty." You laughed. "Shut up." Josh laughed and ran a hand through his hair to push it down. "Here." You slid a plate of pancakes to him. "Thanks!"

You grabbed your plate and sat down beside him. "So where were you wanting to go to get dinner tonight?" You asked as you began eating pancakes. "Well, I guess I never really thought about it." He chewed his pancakes thoughtfully. "We could just go to Taco Bell or something." You stated, and Josh's eyes lit up. He nodded excitedly. "Sounds awesome!" He grinned. "When can we go?" He asked. "Josh. We're not even done with breakfast and you're asking when dinner will be?" You laughed at his excitement so early in the day. Though you had to admit, you were pretty excited too.

"Of course! We need to figure out what time. Unless you wanna just wait and go whenever?" Josh suggested. "That sounds better. Then we won't be ready and waiting around." "Then let's do something!" He sighed and stretched a little. "Well what do you wanna do?" "Um.."

Even though Josh wanted to do something, he had no clue what to do. "We could go take a nap?" He suggested. "Josh we just woke u-" "I know I know. That doesn't mean we can't just... Hang out, right?" He asked, his cheeks turning a slight pink.
"I-I guess." You replied and stood up, making your way back into the hall. You walked into your room and stretched a little, wanting to get one of the stuffed animals you usually have on your bed.

Josh walked into your room and let out a yawn, flopping onto your bed. He pulled the comforter up over him and snuggled down into the pillows. You laughed and got into the bed too, pulling the comforter up to keep you warm. "You still have Mr. Tux?" Josh asked, grabbing a penguin stuffed animal Josh got you for Christmas one year when you two were younger. "Of course! I cuddle with him sometimes." You admitted. "Of course you do." Josh laughed.

"C'mere." Josh pulled you close to him after putting Mr. Tux back where he was. Your back was pressed against his chest as usual, and his face was buried in your neck. "You're comfy." Josh mumbled. "And you're a giant dork." You laughed. Eventually, both of you ended up falling asleep.

°°°

"(Y/N)... Hey. Get up you nerd." Josh was pushing you. "Whaaat." You sat up, hitting your forehead straight into his. "Ow." He pulled his head back and rubbed his forehead a little. "You ass." He laughed. "S-Sorry!" You felt bad, but you laughed. "I came in here to get you up to get ready. It's like, 5." "Oh my god." You jumped out of bed. You grabbed your clothes and went to the bathroom to get ready.

°°°

Since you didn't exactly own a car, you took Josh's to Taco Bell. You guys didn't go inside or anything, and were perfectly content just to go through the drive thru and eat in the parking lot.

"I'm frickin stuffed." You slumped back into the passenger seat after eating your food. "Me too." Josh sighed. "It was good though! Thanks for going with me." He thanked you as he started the car. "No problem! Thanks for taking me. I had fun." You smiled.

"Back to the house!" Josh declared, and you guys pulled out of the parking lot. "What do you wanna do when we get home?" You asked. You didn't feel the least bit tired.

"Well, we could always play Mario Kart." He suggested. "I'll kick your frickin butt if you're trying to challenge me to Mario Kart, Josh." You spoke very seriously. "I challenge you to a Mario Kart dual!" He declared as the car pulled into the driveway of your apartment.

°°°

"Got you!" You yelled, winning the final race. It had come down to the last race since you tied with Josh in the other's. "Ugh!" Josh dramatically threw his hands up into the air. You sat your controller beside you on the couch and stretched. It was already one in the morning. Wow.

"Jooosh can we go to bed?" "Yeeeeeeees." Josh sassed back. "Joooosh." "Whaaaaat." "Can you carry me?" You asked. "I guess I can if you reeeeally need me to." He laughed and stood up. Josh picked you up and carried you back into his bed room. "There." He dropped you on the bed and chuckled a little. "I need pajama pants." He stated and grabbed a pair, going into the bathroom to change.

By the time Josh got back, you were already half asleep. He crawled under the blanket with you and pulled you to his chest as usual. "Goodnight Josh." You yawned. "Goodnight (Y/N)." He mumbled and buried his head into your neck, falling asleep.